8 minutes ago, LT_Oneal_PAC said:

Happened several times on base. Said headaches trigger their migraines and want a letter stating such and they should have greater than x % tint, so that when they are pulled over they don’t get a ticket. No one could ever explain to me why sunglasses weren’t a better solution.

B/C they weren't cool enough!!

• Like 1
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Won't fill out an FLMA form...

I will not certify medical necessity for disability or disabled parking permits for most requests, especially things like arthritis which might benefit from exercise and weight loss and parking furthe

FMLA paperwork annoys me, but it is what it is. I am surprised about reluctance to write work/doctor's notes. I am more than happy to write those. People have shit jobs and often need a break for w

1 hour ago, GetMeOuttaThisMess said:

Wear starched, creased, skin tight scrubs like my original ED director.

"Everybody's talkin' bout my
tight pants, I got my tight pants, I
got my tight pants on. Everybody's
lookin' at my tight pants, I got my
tight pants, I got my tight pants
on. I'm the only guy in town wearing
tight pants, I got my tight pants, I
got my tight pants on. I'm the only
guy wearing tight pants, I got my
tight pants, I got my tight pants on."

• Like 1
  • Administrator
50 minutes ago, kps64 said:

Ummm. @OP 

We were taught the Hippocratic oath back in the 90s...... 

Good for you and your program.  I started school in 2010 and frankly there wasn't any meaningful ethical content in my program.  Not none, but perfunctory and not really aimed at equipping PAs to engage in robust patient reasoning, hence my query.

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, rev ronin said:

Good for you and your program.  I started school in 2010 and frankly there wasn't any meaningful ethical content in my program.  Not none, but perfunctory and not really aimed at equipping PAs to engage in robust patient reasoning, hence my query.

Exactly true.  Reading the original post: "would you perform a sports physical where the goal is to deliver a head injury while trying to avoid, but most likely will endure, one as a participant".  I think most people missed that point.

The patient is going to do it.  Period.  You performing the physical will ensure he is safe enough to participate/train.  Boxing is unique in that the entire goal is to inflict harm onto your opponent, and have significant harm inflicted on you; unlike any other sport, even martial arts (not  mma).

Ethics is not a class where you are one and done; it is a skill that must be excercised regularly.  Note most of the responses prior to this are blanket "I won't do this" but really no discussion as to reasoning why every single patient will not get x.  As we are sometimes gatekeepers to certain things, we need to continually use our skills at ethics.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...