Weighing Pros and Cons of Schools. Help!

Hi everyone! I am currently struggling with a decision about attending school for this upcoming year. As of right now I have my seat deposit at a program starting this summer that is 26 months in length and around 90k so I would graduate in May 2021. It is expensive for me because it is out of state however I just received an interview offer for another out of state school that is a 32 month program and would cost around 120k and I would graduate a year later in May 2022 because of the start date being in the fall. However the latter school is in the place that I want to live once I graduate and I have family there. I know I am not accepted yet but I am not even sure if I should accept the interview at this new school because of the issue with length and cost but I am conflicted because of its location and having family close. Has anyone been in a situation like this before, and what do you all think I should do in a situation like this? Thank you for your help!

I personally would go to the 26-month program because it's lesser time in school and it's cheaper. Idk how your clinical rotations would work, but if you're able to get a rotation out in the area you'd like to live in (and possibly get some connections), then go for it. You at least have your deposit down so a seat is secured for you, so it also doesn't hurt to accept the interview at the other school and make your comparisons. It's your time, money, and effort that you're investing so pick the school that is the right fit for you! You'll end up with PA-C behind your name anyhow 🙂

Archived