First time applicant looking for help with personal statement

Hi everyone, 

I'm looking for someone to help me with my personal statement. I have something of a rough draft written. If anyone could help, I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you!

Hi @liliixoxo

You can send your PS over to my email acceptedPAstudent@gmail.com.

I am a first round applicant who's been accepted to multiple PA schools and more than willing to edit and review your PS. This also goes for anyone else reading this post. 

I do appreciate a small donation as gratitude for my time spent reading and reviewing your PS, as well as any kind words on my forum post.

Hope to speak with you soon,

Hailey

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By mattblair
      I am trying to decide whether or not to get certified in this and get PCE from it. I want to know if most schools accept this or if they don’t really care for it. Any feedback helps! 
    • By TreyFL20
      Here is a link to a google sheets that I have created to more easily access information on each of the schools in Florida and the requirement standards for acceptance or preference. All programs were retrieved from Stetson University website: https://www.stetson.edu/artsci/pre-health/physician-assistant.php , and all program details listed on the google sheet were obtained through each programs website URL in the Stetson link provided. I hope this can help anyone who finds it hard to look up this information and compare and contrast each of the programs, as it has for me.
      Note: The Prerequisite list does not always include if the lab is required. I have listed Hours next to some courses where permitted, and If the course required a lab I did not always list it, but instead just listed the hours included. Example: Microbiology is a 3hr course for me, So when I see that it is listed as 4hrs, I know that this means a Lab must be taken for that class. 
      If anyone has any extra questions, Please do let me know, and I will try to answer. 
      If I have left out anything or made any mistakes, Please let me know and I will fix them ASAP, but I feel that it is accurate at this point, with regards to all sections except the "Average acceptance GPA", as this information was harder for me to find. 
      GOOGLE SHEETS LINK: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zl_EXs2XC4ky1fKpzl1AAoGEa6ZyeYJUtJu9Bd3rOz4/edit?usp=sharing
    • By PA0315
      Hello! 
      I recently applied to Texas PA schools in June but I am looking for more ways to gain more shadowing hours for the next application cycle in case I don't get in! How have y'all approached shadowing during COVID? I'm just not sure that PAs would let me shadow them because the COVID risks and social distancing and everything. What experiences have you all had? I am from Texas by the way! COVID precautions are getting pretty relaxed here.
      I have an opportunity to shadow an orthopedic NP. Do you think that PA schools would see that as valuable? 
      Good luck to everyone applying this cycle! 🙂 
    • By buenasumilhig
      Hello, I've been working on my personal statement but having trouble with the structure. So far I've written why I want to be PA but wondering how to add my experience as a scribe into it? I first worked as an ER scribe to get exposure to a doctor. I then switched to scribe for a doctor at family clinic where I met a physician assistant who inspired me to become a PA. Where should I write about how my experience as a scribe will make me a good PA?
      Here's what I have so far:
      “Go be a doctor” was a constant thing I heard growing up in a Filipino household. My immigrant parents had their heart set on a better life for their children in America. They had many dreams for the five of us. They wanted me to be a doctor and I wanted to make them proud. After graduating from university I decided to take a gap year to volunteer, work, and study for the MCAT. I also made the decision to move back in with my family. I thought everything would fall into place, but it was only the beginning of an uphill battle. I found that I was always sleeping, had a lack of motivation, cried nightly, and was always sad. No matter how hard I tried to study for the MCAT all I wanted to do was lay in bed and waste my day away. I didn’t realize until later, but I developed depression. Every day I cried to myself, “I don’t want to be a doctor, I don’t even know what I want to be”.
      To pull me out of bed, I applied for an ER medical scribe position at my local hospital. I told myself that if I wanted to be in healthcare I should immerse myself in the environment. I scribed for five ER physicians. On my first day at the ER, I met a physician assistant for the first time ever. I had no idea that they even existed! That was the extent of my intrigue and had tunnel vision for being a doctor. I left the ER and applied for another scribe position at a family clinic. I scribed for a doctor, but she worked alongside a physician assistant, Christie Heany, PA-C.
      They worked together 2-3 days out of the week side-by-side. It was the perfect setting to compare the work of a physician assistant to a doctor. She would consult with the doctor, but it was her own choice on how to treat and diagnose a patient. Christie mused about physician assistant school and the training she received. She changed my perception of medicine. I have been walking along this path my parents forged for me to become a doctor, but I got lost along the way. I began piecing together my own path. I wanted to be a physician assistant.
      Should I start writing about how my scribe experience will make me a good PA here?
    • By UgSOsM
      So I was thinking of taking 4 science classes this upcoming Fall semester and one GE class. I slacked off my first year and a half in college, and recently noticed how many interesting/ useful courses are taught at my university that seem to be beneficial for PA school, but I am already a senior. I am used to taking 3 science classes, but do not know if I should try for 4. Right now, I have biochemistry 1, evolution, genetics + lab, and microbiology + lab plus my GE class. Microbiology is fully online and the other 3 are remote due to Covid 19. The reason I am trying to push myself for four is because I want to take Anatomy in the spring which requires a lot of self studying, but also Immunology + Serology, which is the same way. Immunology + Serology is not required for me to graduate, but seems beneficial. Should I just take anatomy and microbiology Spring semester and not take immunology + serology at all? The reason I can't take some during the Fall is because of schedule conflicts or some courses aren't taught in the Fall.
      What are your thoughts? 

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More