Hi, everyone. 

I've been practicing in family medicine/community health for 3.5 years now. I think I am ready to make a change, maybe into a specialty. Which specialty, I'm not sure. Maybe gynecology or something boring like sleep medicine. The problem I'm facing is I'm not exactly sure how to start my job search. When I graduated from school, I was offered a couple of positions and took one without looking elsewhere. Rookie mistake. Now that I'm ready for a move, I'm having difficulty finding open positions. I've done random searches online, visited certain company and hospital websites and asked around but haven't been very successful. Just looking for tips on what you guys have tried. 

Thanks! 

The same thing I tell everyone.... network....network....network..... Call or email everyone you know. Then call folks they know. When you have decided what you want to do just show up at practices and ask to speak to the hiring authority or physician. Introduce yourself and drop off a CV and move on. many won't have time to speak to you just leave a CV and say thanks.

There are probably more unannounced jobs than advertised ones.

Lastly...you need to decide what you want to do before you start. Prospective employers want you to be enthusiastic and focused on THEIR position. If you don't know what you want to do they will not be impressed.

Good luck!

• Upvote 1

I have had bad experience with online recruiters.  

The old bait and switch directly after submitting interest.

• Upvote 1