Is it Too Soon to apply?

Just spoke with my advisor and scheduled the rest of my under grad. I am one year from graduation and I know that I should be applying one year prior to my graduation so that I'm not waiting a year after graduation until I would matriculate. I have as solid GPA, patient contact, volunteer and other experiences. My only hesitation is that these last two semesters are filled with what would be prerequisites for the colleges that I want to apply for (it's molecular bio (genetics), second half of A&P, Biochem and Immunology). Would it be wiser to hold off of applying until I have those pre-reqs completed or should I still apply this cycle since I only have one year left? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Guest thePAway

you should look at specific schools' websites, a lot of them do not let you apply with more than one or two prerequisites in progress. i would say the majority of people do not go straight through from undergrad to PA school, many take a gap year or even more! I personally thought I would not want a gap year and now getting ready to graduate I am so excited to have some time off from tests and studying before entering PA school which is super fast paced and rigorous. You would also be rushing to take the GRE, write your personal statement which both take some time, but it is possible depending on what schools you want to apply to

Archived