Sign in to follow this  
Chuckhaint

Ants in my PANCE

So I took the PANCE on Monday 8/30. My score should be available tomorrow. I'm anxious about it and I was hoping I could get a little feedback/support. When I finished the test, I didn't feel good about it, and I didn't feel bad about it. Looking back, I feel there's no way I failed it, but I'm still freaking out. Does everyone else feel like this? I know there's nothing to worry about; I did very well in school. I feel like my program prepared us. I used ExamMaster, the new AAPA/PAEA book and Lange yellow book. Our program also had a week of board reviews (taught by us) just before graduation (8/21). I've heard everyone feels this way! Is that true?

Yep. COMPLETELY normal to feel this way. I'm sure you passed with room to spare, especially with all that prep! Try distracting yourself with some bad reality tv and get a good night's sleep. ;)

Guest hahnemannpa

I took the test about a year ago and actually got 100% in several of the areas (GYN, PSYCH, CARDIO. I used the prep book and was amazed how easy the PANCE was taking it the second time. Everything you need to know is in the book. I am glad you passed.

Thanks outennisboi!

Springpearl...Good luck and happy studying!! I am in no way claiming to be able to predict PANCE scores based off of performance on practice tests, but to give you a point of reference, I took the AAPA pre-test a couple days before my PANCE and got 80-something percent. I passed the PANCE with my scores falling into the 96%ile.

One week away from your exam, my best advice is to do lots of practice questions (timed-- in blocks of 60 questions per hour), then go through the answers/explanations of each block of 60 questions very thoroughly. Make note of which Blueprint topic areas you have a tendency to struggle with and do a quick review of those when possible.

Best of luck!!!

I passed :-) and with plenty room to spare! YAHOOO!

Thank you just_nelle, I did what you said a whole week of practice questions, it helped a lot. Prior to that I used AAPA book to review, but wasn't sure how much I retained. And the pre-test result just scared me. But one week of practice questions helped me to intergrate lots of concepts. Two days before the exam, I did the post-test, got ~70%, felt a lot better. Thanks again!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By bathinrouz
      Hey Yall
      Currently prepping for the PANCE. I have been studying for the past two months from PPP and ROSH. Initially I did alot of reading from PPP with scattered questions realizing quickly this is not as effective as making notes. I started to make notes for the bigger systems, such as CARDS, PULM, GI, MSK. Ive been studying everyday from 10-12 hours and with a week left I get this feeling that Im not ready. 
      Below I posted my results I took two weeks ago, not sure how to feel. 
      My question to yall is, what are some strategies you used to take exams? what algorithm did you have in your mind when analyzing a question. 
      My ROSH score is a 578 with 92% passing but I understand this isnt as predictable. 
      I have played with Kaplan and have scored in the mid 60s to 70s on it within each organ system. 

• By PANY20
      Selling my Rosh Review. It is active until Jan 09 2020. 
    • By madmoneyz
      Items for sale! Helped me pass my PANRE exam! PM for prices. 
      CME4Life Flash Card for sale!! Brand new unopen 
      CME4Life PA prep: Janus 
      CME4Life PA Prep: Timeline Tool for PANCE/PANRE Review
      CME4life PA Prep: Medical Triads
      Pance prep Pearl 1st edition 
      A comprehensive Review For the certification and Recertification examination For Physician Assistants 5th edition

Good Luck with your studying
    • By ashley2019
      Hi all,
      Need some help/advice for dealing with anxiety.
      I just started my first quarter of PA school about a month ago. At first glance, everything is seemingly going great- classmates are nice and I have made A's on all exams up to this point.
      However, I have been dealing with a LOT of anxiety since day 1. It makes me feel not like myself at all! It has turned me into a quiet, sheepish, and slightly awkward person. I hate this.
      At first, it was believing I wasn't as smart as my peers or outgoing enough (so, more of a social intimidation, unintentionally). Then, I convinced myself I'd probably not make it through the first quarter because of the sheer volume of info. Now that I've proved to myself I can conquer the material (so far), I still feel insecure because I find it difficult to connect with my peers. Sometimes I feel like I can't be my true self around them since we are supposed to maintain our professionalism. 
      Overall, I just feel a bit lonely and anxious with moving out of state and starting this rigorous program and I don't feel like I have an outlet. I don't want anyone to feel sorry for me, honestly why I am posting about this anonymously. I don't like to ask for help- and actually no one who knows me knows I struggle with this. But this kind of anxiety is a new beast I haven't dealt with before. Almost feels like my throat is being strangled :/. Considering therapy, but who has time for that??
      Will any of this get better? 

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More