Jump to content

Canadian working in the states as a PA?

Recommended Posts

I am writing this post to ask if anyone would be able to let me know a few questions I had. I am Canadian and got accepted to a PA program in Florida. Would anyone know of other Canadians who have graduated from a states PA program and are working in the states as a PA? I’d like to know what visa status would need to be issued for an individual wanting to work in USA. If anyone knows Canadians working as a PA in the states I’d really like to know what their process was to attain a job, thanks! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m originally from Manitoba and  graduated from a NYC PA program! I had to apply for a study visa through my school’s international office before I started. You need to have an F-1 status in order to study in the US as a Canadian. I was able to get an temporary extension to work after graduation but ultimately needed a Green Card. The Trump administration really slowed the immigration process down to the point where I was forced to leave a great job until I received my card. Unfortunately, when I finally was cleared as a permanent resident, my previous employer hired someone else. 😔 long story short, I’m now employed FT and able to pay off my enormous school debt again! Lol 

Feel free to email me for more info!


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More