Canadian working in the states as a PA?

I am writing this post to ask if anyone would be able to let me know a few questions I had. I am Canadian and got accepted to a PA program in Florida. Would anyone know of other Canadians who have graduated from a states PA program and are working in the states as a PA? I’d like to know what visa status would need to be issued for an individual wanting to work in USA. If anyone knows Canadians working as a PA in the states I’d really like to know what their process was to attain a job, thanks! 

I’m originally from Manitoba and  graduated from a NYC PA program! I had to apply for a study visa through my school’s international office before I started. You need to have an F-1 status in order to study in the US as a Canadian. I was able to get an temporary extension to work after graduation but ultimately needed a Green Card. The Trump administration really slowed the immigration process down to the point where I was forced to leave a great job until I received my card. Unfortunately, when I finally was cleared as a permanent resident, my previous employer hired someone else. 😔 long story short, I’m now employed FT and able to pay off my enormous school debt again! Lol 

Feel free to email me for more info!

Archived