answering the question "why do you want to be a PA?"

I have written my personal statement as a means of taking the reader through a "journey" and talking about points that would make me a good PA but i do not explain WHY a PA till the end of my paper. Do you think this is not a good idea? For example i talk about why being part of a symphony orchestra makes me a good team player and how this is a crucial role of a  being a PA and why being a piano teacher makes me a good leader. I just dont want the PA programs to wonder WHY i want to be a PA until the end of my personal statement. what do you think?

Somehow I also used music as a way to show the relevant skills/traits that are necessary for me to function as an outstanding PA. Feel free to PM me if you want to read my PS and compare mine and yours to see how I weaved all of this together into a coherent and unique essay (9 interviews this cycle, going to my top choice this year). 

I would not wait until the end. The point of the essay is to answer the question, "Why PA?" It's important that you do that. Integrate the answer to the question throughout the essay. 

If you'd like you can send your essay my way and I would be happy to take a look at it. 

Full disclosure: I waited until the end to explain "why PA". It worked for me but it does go against general consensus. It will honestly depend on how you structure your PS & whether you can be compelling in those last few paragraphs. It was probably a weakness in my own essay looking back, but hey here we are! 

Archived