2019/2020 Cycle

1 minute ago, lafn04 said:

Yes, me too. Quite disheartening since I interviewed back in June and rather than pull from the waitlist seems like they keep scheduling more interview sessions.

I agree. It seems that they have done that every other year as well though! A current student at my session said he got pulled in October from the waitlist and last year’s forum it seems like people got pulled in November, too. 

6 minutes ago, PandaLe said:

Btw, does anyone have any tips for the interview? Such as tips on questions, the amount of people you interview with, how many people are in your group, the number of people on the panel, where to stay or things to do while in Savannah, etc.

South has a very relaxed interview style. They really do their best at trying to make everyone feel comfortable! The first day you will be able to meet a lot of the faculty and spend some time with student ambassadors. Take advantage of this time to ask questions and make connections with everybody that you can. The interview day did a morning group and evening group then each of those were broken down into smaller groups of 6 (if i'm remembering correctly). You will have 2 one-on-one interviews with faculty members and they genuinely try to make the process feel like a conversation. They are honestly wanting to get to know you! They use behavioral style questions, so basically they ask about experiences. Something that helped me prepare for that was just having a handful of good/bad experiences in mind that I could mold to a specific question. With that being said, don't get freaked out if they ask you something that you don't know how to answer right away! I had to ask my interviewer to give me a second to gather my thoughts because one of the questions took me off guard! The group/panel interview consisted of a faculty member and the medical director and they went down the line asking us all the same questions. Don't let that sound too daunting.... they were personal-type questions like tell me about yourself, so it's not answers that people can steal! South is a very tight-knit and friendly community that really cares about their students. Be yourself BUT also professional! 🙂 

I stayed in an AirBnB and just rented a single room because that was the cheapest option. There are tons of AirBnBs in the area! There is a lot of shopping right next to South (it's located on mall blvd if you haven't noticed that yet!!) and the downtown area is gorgeous! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, arielnberry said:

South has a very relaxed interview style. They really do their best at trying to make everyone feel comfortable! The first day you will be able to meet a lot of the faculty and spend some time with student ambassadors. Take advantage of this time to ask questions and make connections with everybody that you can. The interview day did a morning group and evening group then each of those were broken down into smaller groups of 6 (if i'm remembering correctly). You will have 2 one-on-one interviews with faculty members and they genuinely try to make the process feel like a conversation. They are honestly wanting to get to know you! They use behavioral style questions, so basically they ask about experiences. Something that helped me prepare for that was just having a handful of good/bad experiences in mind that I could mold to a specific question. With that being said, don't get freaked out if they ask you something that you don't know how to answer right away! I had to ask my interviewer to give me a second to gather my thoughts because one of the questions took me off guard! The group/panel interview consisted of a faculty member and the medical director and they went down the line asking us all the same questions. Don't let that sound too daunting.... they were personal-type questions like tell me about yourself, so it's not answers that people can steal! South is a very tight-knit and friendly community that really cares about their students. Be yourself BUT also professional! 🙂 

I stayed in an AirBnB and just rented a single room because that was the cheapest option. There are tons of AirBnBs in the area! There is a lot of shopping right next to South (it's located on mall blvd if you haven't noticed that yet!!) and the downtown area is gorgeous! 

Thank you for the advice. It was really helpful 😀. During an interview for another school last month, I met someone who interviewed at South University in July but was waitlisted and never heard back from them. I am hoping that I hear back within 1-2 weeks given that the start date is in January and being accepted would mean I'd have to do some serious planning.

Does anyone know if all seats have been filled yet? I was wait listed in the beginning of July, and it doesn't seem as if anyone from the wait list has been called yet and i am assuming it's because the class is not full yet so when people give up seats, it just opens more spots for acceptances from interviews.