2019/2020 Cycle

13 hours ago, ERPA63271 said:

Could anyone who has interviewed give an explanation of the style? Are there more than one interview and are they group/individual/panel? Anything would be helpful!!

It's a two-day interview process, but the first day is just an info session and then a dinner with some current students. On day 2, you have two one-on-one interviews with faculty, and a group interview with 3 other interviewees. My group interview was conducted by the program director and someone from the South Uni school system. 

• Like 1

On 7/13/2019 at 1:37 PM, junebug said:

It's a two-day interview process, but the first day is just an info session and then a dinner with some current students. On day 2, you have two one-on-one interviews with faculty, and a group interview with 3 other interviewees. My group interview was conducted by the program director and someone from the South Uni school system. 

Could you give any insight into the group interview? What kinds of question should we’re asked and did it go down the line of each person answering each question? 

5 hours ago, ERPA63271 said:

Could you give any insight into the group interview? What kinds of question should we’re asked and did it go down the line of each person answering each question? 

The group interview does go down the line with each person answering each question first. Everyone gets a chance to answer each question. 

38 minutes ago, quieroserestudiante said:

Congratulations! When did you get the email that everything was completed and that your app was under review?

Thank you!! I got an e-mail that they had received my app on 7/1. I didn't add this school to CASPA until a few weeks after I had already submitted my application though. I submitted to this program the last week of June. 

19 hours ago, junebug said:

The group interview does go down the line with each person answering each question first. Everyone gets a chance to answer each question. 

I just got my individual interview schedule for next week! It says one of my interviews is a "Panel interview" with the dean. Does you know if this is supposed to be the group interview you were talking about? Usually panel means multiple people interviewing you individually so i am a little confused. Also the time slotted for the interview is an hour so I am concerned lol.

2 hours ago, ERPA63271 said:

I just got my individual interview schedule for next week! It says one of my interviews is a "Panel interview" with the dean. Does you know if this is supposed to be the group interview you were talking about? Usually panel means multiple people interviewing you individually so i am a little confused. Also the time slotted for the interview is an hour so I am concerned lol.

My e-mail says that I will have two individual interviews with a faculty member and each will last 30 minutes each. Then "Meeting with the Program Director and Dean of Academic Affairs" for 30 minutes.... I've heard that this is considered the group portion, but it doesn't really count towards the actual interview, that they just want to learn more about you. I am not sure how true that is but that is what I heard from a student from the program. 

20 hours ago, ERPA63271 said:

Yeah that's what I was talking about, they sometimes call it a "meeting" because it is not technically an interview. I had the first interview dates and for the group portion, we were questioned by two people, one of which was the Dean. And it was 30 minutes long! I doubt they have changed it, but I wouldn't stress too much about it. I think the one-on-one interviews are much more important. 

• Like 3

I just received this email. It's not a rejection, but not an invite either..Did anyone else get this?

---------

If you are receiving this email please let this re-confirm that we have received your verified application through CASPA.  With the volume of applications continuously under review we are unable to respond to your individual requests for an application status update. Interviews are conducted through November. If you no longer consider our program or have been accepted into another program, we ask that you notify us and send and an e-mail to paprogram@southuniversity.edu

We appreciate your interest in our program and certainly your patience during this process. 

Again, thank you for your interest in our program and your continued patience.

1 minute ago, mave6 said:

I just received this email. It's not a rejection, but not an invite either..Did anyone else get this?

---------

If you are receiving this email please let this re-confirm that we have received your verified application through CASPA.  With the volume of applications continuously under review we are unable to respond to your individual requests for an application status update. Interviews are conducted through November. If you no longer consider our program or have been accepted into another program, we ask that you notify us and send and an e-mail to paprogram@southuniversity.edu

We appreciate your interest in our program and certainly your patience during this process. 

Again, thank you for your interest in our program and your continued patience.

I just received it too..