2019/2020 Cycle

On 6/3/2019 at 10:24 AM, Ewolfe said:

What are you planning on wearing? I know a full suit with a jacket is more professional but it's going to be hot! Females, let me know what you are doing! 

So, since they said the first day is business casual, I was going to wear slacks/dress pants and a short sleeve blouse.  Second day they said interview attire, so I'm going to wear a full suit unfortunately.  Hopefully we are inside most of the day! Also, is anyone else bringing a guest to the Welcome/ Program overview?

18 hours ago, shelbsssss said:

So, since they said the first day is business casual, I was going to wear slacks/dress pants and a short sleeve blouse.  Second day they said interview attire, so I'm going to wear a full suit unfortunately.  Hopefully we are inside most of the day! Also, is anyone else bringing a guest to the Welcome/ Program overview?

Ok that is what I am thinking as well! And no, itll be just me! My fiance has to work! But that would be great for a support system to have someone there I'm sure!

20 hours ago, mad26 said:

Congrats on your interview, MNEMT! Do you mind sharing when your application was completed and verified by South? Also, what were your stats? 

May 16th is when my app was verified (I cant find when I submitted it), and I received my interview invitation on June 12th. My GRE was 303- 154 verbal, 149 quant, 5.0 analytical. Overall GPA 3.45, science roughly 3.39. I have over 2,000 hours of patient care experience, about 900 from ED Tech work and other from CNA, scribe, and EMT work. I also had 3 different shadowing experiences. Good luck with your application process!

• Like 1

On 6/7/2019 at 3:10 PM, shelbsssss said:

I am also wearing something similar for the interview. I'm not bringing anyone with me to the welcome session

23 minutes ago, KellyBeth said:

Hey guys!

I am extremely nervous for my interview and was wondering if any of the June interviewees could help me with what interview questions to prepare for? Or anyone who has interviewed at this school before? I would greatly appreciate it!! 

I prepared by reading "How to Ace the Physician Assistant Interview" book and I did a mock interview with my office manager. The book really helps with getting an idea of what kind of questions to expect at interviews. I was super nervous too, but the environment is very relaxing the first day which helps a lot. 

Hey all! I got an email yesterday denying an interview. My application got submitted late- so I'm hoping that's why.

Stats: 312 gre

3.88 overall GPA 3.8 science and math GPA

~1700 hrs in shadowing and clinical experience (150 shadowing, 1500 rad therapy clinicals).

Good luck to everyone else applying/waiting!