2019/2020 Cycle

Hey guys! My name is Kristin Kingery.  I wanted to start this thread to allow us all to communicate and learn a little bit about each other as well as discuss or ask any questions about the upcoming cycle! This is the forum for anyone applying in 2019, hoping to begin PA school in January 2020! The application cycle starts soon so I wanted to go ahead and get a group started! If anyone wants to talk or get to know each other, my email is kristinkingery1@gmail.com. I look forward to hopefully meeting some of you guys soon! 

Edited by kristinkingery1
Misspelling
  • Like 5

hey! 

I recently applied to school and am on a waiting list for an interview at MCPHS in Worcester. However I do plan on applying this cycle as well. My question is how do we know what schools are CASPA participating institutions and what they want for essays and things before the cycle opens up? I applied late last cycle so everything was already available. Advice?

Thanks!

Kels

16 hours ago, kelsiethehuman said:

hey! 

I recently applied to school and am on a waiting list for an interview at MCPHS in Worcester. However I do plan on applying this cycle as well. My question is how do we know what schools are CASPA participating institutions and what they want for essays and things before the cycle opens up? I applied late last cycle so everything was already available. Advice?

Thanks!

Kels

Hey!! If you’re specifically wondering if South uses CASPA, they do! If you’re wondering if other PA programs use CASPA, I’d individually research that school and look through their admissions requirements or application information to see if it’s a manual application or if they use CASPA! Hope that helps 🙂

good luck!! 

Kristin

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Received an interview invitation for June 11 & 12!

Congrats!! Do you mind sharing your GRE stats? I can’t decide if I want to submit with the scores I have or wait until I take it again. Do you happen to know how hard they are with the GRE?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, jlduvall said:

Congrats!! Do you mind sharing your GRE stats? I can’t decide if I want to submit with the scores I have or wait until I take it again. Do you happen to know how hard they are with the GRE?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! GRE total- 319, Verbal- 161, Quant- 158, Analytical- 4.0

I'm not too sure how hard they are with the GRE. I've heard that you just have to get around a 300 for most schools. 

Edited by junebug

Congrats to all of you! I’m hesitant to send in my app just yet because I want to re take the GRE. I got a 150 on verbal but my Quant was way lower. My GPA is right at a 3.56. And I have a ton of hours in each category (former MA). Does anyone have a suggestion on whether they would go ahead and apply in my situation or wait until I re take the GRE? I don’t want to rush but I can’t help but feel like I should hurry if they are already sending out invites. Help! 

@NikPA make sure you go into caspa and click on the tab that says check status! They hadn't received my transcript with the 1st school I had applied to so my application was never truly done. They send out a verified email before they get transcripts, but your application does not get sent to the school until they receive and check your transcripts! I would check that just to make sure your caspa is truly done!