CASPA for military

This question may have already been answered but couldn't find it. I'm going through my CASPA application and, while putting in my transcripts, I can't figure out how to add my JST to it. I don't know if Joint Service Transcripts are accepted through CASPA or not. I have a lot of medical based credits I would like to show on my application. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks!

It's been a few years since I applied so this might be dated info. I ended up transferring those military transcripts to my 4 year college. I went back and forth with CASPA and there was no way to upload it directly. Once my 4 yr college accepted the credits, it was on my official college transcript.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 5:39 PM, beattie228 said:

It's been a few years since I applied so this might be dated info. I ended up transferring those military transcripts to my 4 year college. I went back and forth with CASPA and there was no way to upload it directly. Once my 4 yr college accepted the credits, it was on my official college transcript.

Alright, so I tried to enter in the JST credits with the college I'm attending now but it won't let me continue without putting in a grade.. any ideas on what to do?

I'd set up an appt with your school's registrar. They'll be transfer credits, for CASPA you'd follow the same directions for CLEP courses on CASPA but you need your current school to accept the credits and have them on your college's transcript. Then through CASPA, you'd list them under your current school (University of XX instead of JST). No grade gets assigned.

Like DRicketts said: first get them added to ur official transcripts (my MilEd was added as a “Pass and or Complete” with units/hrs per American Council on Education (ACE) easiest would be like mentioned, stop by the Veteran counselor’s office and let them know you need ur ACE (or like) transcripts added onto ur transcripts. Once the transcripts reflect the classes you want, then upload and ur CASPA app.  This is what I did at a CSU in CALI x 6 yrs ago.

• 2 months later...

HELP.

Per CASPA customer service, I was told that I didn't need to request an official JST from my enlisted hospital corpsman training. My current school accepted these credits and are on my official transcript. I entered them on CASPA as on my transcript, submitted my application, and received an email this morning telling me my transcripts were verified. I went to check the application and CASPA has removed these military transferred credits from my application. I NEED these on here because one of the credits is a prerequisite. Has this happened to anyone else? I have reached out to CASPA 5-6 times with little help. I was told that they were going to look into it further and never heard back. I'm panicking! I sent another email but am not feeling too positive. Thanks!

Hello all,

I had the same problem when I was applying to PA school, I was a corpsman as well. Very long story short, each time I applied to schools I had to contact them, then send the SMART transcripts which they applied to the schools portion of the application, different than the CASPA app. I did this for multiple schools and it worked well if the school was military friendly (Drexel, University of Utah, WesternU-my school- all accepted what they could). I know I will get quite a bit of shade for saying this but don't count on your SMART transcript for actual credit. Every time I used it successfully it was a filler for "elective credits." Experiences may vary, and never take one persons advice on ANYTHING. Good luck!

Daniel

Edited by doubledose