Picking up per diem ED/Urgent care shifts as new grad

Does anyone have any experience working a full time job and then picking up per diem shifts in another specialty right out of school. I am looking at a job that would be full time at 4 days per week but would love to pick up a day in ED/Urgent Care. What I am wondering is are there practices or hospitals out there that would go through extensive training for somebody that may only work 3-4 shifts per month with them...

Unlikely unless your primary gig was also UC/ED of some kind.

Frankly as a new grad I A: don't know when I would even have time to train a new for a second position or B: that I would even feel comfortable attempting to do so when ED/UC can take months to years of full time work to feel comfortable practicing.

I'm 6 months into to my first job (in a specialty) and I've got enough to learn both about the specialty and general medicine still...I can't even fathom picking up shifts elsewhere at this point.  

Archived