hmtpnw

Do you need someone to critique your personal statement?

Hey y’all!

For those of you that don’t know, I have started a personal statement editing service. I have read more than 100 statements over the last year working with PA school applicants and have really honed in on what makes a good essay.

I was fortunate enough to have significant support from this community as well as r/prephysicianassistant with my own essay, and I want to pay it forward. For those of you working on your personal statements right now, feel free to DM me and I would be happy to give you some feedback on your draft for FREE. No strings attached.

If you like the initial feedback I provide on your essay and you’re interested in using a service for your PS, we can talk more about working together! I want to say that there are plenty of applicants who DO NOT NEED TO USE AN EDITING SERVICE. There are people here and over on the prePA subreddit who will offer to help with your personal statement. Use them. Seriously. That being said, some essays need a lot more work than others, and in those cases working with a service (any personal statement editing service with a solid reputation, not just mine) can be helpful.

Either way, I’m happy to read through things and give you some pointers, even if you’re not interested in using my paid service.

If you want more information about my service, would like to check out reviews from students I helped this past cycle or are interested in reading articles I have written about the writing process, you can take a look at my page here: https://m.facebook.com/thepersonalstatementproject/

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By StephanieO
      Thanks for taking the time to read this ! So I graduated from university with a cumulative GPA of 3.2 and a science gpa of 2.85. I’ve been working full time as a patient care tech at a hospital to get my hours (so far I have around 1500) and volunteering as well. At this point, I understand that my stats are no where near competitive enough to get me into PA school, and retaking courses might be the better option. However, a few courses won’t raise my gpa. Would it make sense to do an accelerated bsn program instead ? It would be a significantly larger amount of credits, and I would at least have a job to fall back on, or even a second option (np school) if I don’t get into PA school. The only downside is the cost of the accelerated bsn program. However, if I work for a year, I should be able to pay it off and get a more “robust “ PCE. 
    • By AhuvaGross21
      Hi guys!
      I recently graduated and I am working on my CASPA application. I am super nervous about my personal statement.
      I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me some tips/ pointers on how to format it, what to include, and what to omit.
      I frequently second guess myself, so any opinions would be helpful.
      I really appreciate any help.
      Send me a pm if possible! 
      Thank you,
      Ahuva
    • By Finntastic
      I know this is mainly a "contact the school" issue, but I'm wondering is anyone has ever had a problem with programs accepting a combined organic chem and biochem course? I just found out one of them won't allow it after I applied 😞
    • By aa1041557
      I’ve recently been offered a position as a dialysis tech in an outpatient center. I shadowed the other day and the staff seamed friendly. My main duties would be weighing patients, cannulating them and setting up the machines, drawing labs, and monitoring their vitals throughout treatment. This all would be under the supervisions of an RN. I would work 8 and 10 hour shifts. I was hoping someone who has worked as a dialysis tech or knows someone who has could give me feedback about their experiences. I do already have 2 years experience volunteering as an EMT-A on a fairly busy service and plan on continuing to do so.  

I have also been invited to interview for a medical assistant position at an urgent care, but the interview is after the deadline to decide if I’m going to accept the dialysis position. 

The pros I see in working as a dialysis tech: Getting to know my patients and their cases. Experience in the chronic disease side of medicine. 

Cons: It’s could be repetitive work and I would really only learn about kidney disease.
    • By nyc9009
      I have 2 Bachelors in Sciences.
      Bioscience & Medical Lab Scientist (Dual Degree) - Cum Laude Science Technology& Society (concentration in health and wellness) -  Cum Laude My cGPA is 3.61 with a sGPA of 3.52.
      My PCE hours are as a PT aide at a rehabilitation center and working as a MA at a clinic for a total of 1,275.  
      I have 200 hours shadowing a PA in internal medicine. 
      I have 250 hours volunteering at a place of worship, where I helped prepare and served food to the congregants. 
      I have 4 recommendation letters
      PA that I shadowed MD that i worked for  A&P professor  Molecular Biology professor  I have received good feedback on my personal statement as well. 
      I plan to submit by June 5th. 
      PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT MY CHANCES ARE!
      I am freaking out!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More