Need advice for new grad job situation

I need some advice for a situation and help is greatly appreciated! 

I recently applied and interviewed for a job that was found through a recruiter. At the time of application I did not realize this was through a recruiter but I have found this isn’t too uncommon. The recruiter did not know any details about the job/hours/pay. She just told me when and where to be for interview. The day of she called me and told me the job would be for nights and weekends only. During my interview I briefly met with HR and one of the practice’s physicians. I was informed this job was a “step into the door into the practice” and told I could only work the shifts that the only providers did not want which included all weekend nights and that if I wanted benefits I would have to work at least 30 hours per week. When I asked about training she said there was no really protocol in place and that I could come in whenever during the day to train and I could transition to nights when they felt I was ready. 

I was offered the job but no offer letter or contract. I was just told I could work as little or as much as I want. I felt a bit pressured by this recruiter but I have not signed any legal documents pertaining to employment with this practice. Now that I am licensed they have contacted me to begin credentialing. 

So to get to my main question. I have also interviewed with another practice at the same hospital which I made the recruiter aware of at the time she told me about this job offer and she explained that I could easily leave if I was given this other job and that this was discussed with the HR lady who interviewed me. Conveniently that HR lady no longer works for their practice. So now I am waiting for a potential contracted and full time position that is much more promising. My main concern is that these two groups are at the same hospital. If I give the first group my license for credentialing and then later tell them I cannot work, will this affect credentialing for the other group if I work for them at the same hospital? 

If I am offered the more stable position I am hoping to approach this in a tactful and respectful way but the two groups being at the same hospital is my main concern. Any help would be appreciated 

Even if you aren't offered the second (full time) position I would RUN from the first offer.  No formal training and they want to put a new grad on nights and weekends (sounds like solo or with little back up).  No set hours.  "work as much as you want" is almost never the case.  No contract and nothing in writing.  

Recipe for disaster.  Don't even consider it.

Archived