Submitted DEA app w/o business address!

New graduate mistake-I submitted a California DEA application using my home address as the business address like I did for the NPI number thinking it wouldn't be a problem. Except I haven't gotten a job yet and now I get an email saying that a business address is required in the next 10days or application will be withdrawn. Is there any way I can salvage the non-refundable $731 fee I paid?? Can I put any old business address and change it later?

I put my home address on my NPI paperwork (it specified that it wanted my personal phone number). Not wanting to screw it up, I listed my cell and I rue the day I did that. Robo calls out the wazoo. Check the site, your cell number may now be publicly available. Sigh, you live and learn. Good luck with the DEA app!

9 hours ago, Reality Check 2 said:

google no-call list and remove all phone numbers associated with you and family.

We still have a landline - the only people who get that number are folks I don't want to talk to.

No call list doesn't do much against spammers and scammers. I pity the guy that has my old cell number because that's what I give to everyone I don't want to have my number.I have a home number but never connected a phone. Maybe I should find out what that number is

Thanks for everyones' input! I called the DEA office and they agreed to leave my application pending until I get a job instead of completely withdrawing my app. A huge relief that I won't have to apply again and repay that nonrefundable $731 fee upon employment. That's a huge chunk of change for a broke, unemployed new grad!

To those in the same situation, give the DEA a call. New grads, don't make the same mistake as I did! Wait to get a job before applying for that DEA-your employer might even cover the fee. 

Archived