Seeking Shadowing Opportunities in Greater Orlando, FL area

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a shadowing opportunity in the Orlando area. I am willing to drive further out of the city (anywhere between Clermont and Melbourne) for an opportunity. I currently have experience working in a primary care practice, and worked in the Emergency Department for a few years, so I would love to learn more about other specialities. Looking forward to hearing back from someone. Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

There is a FL Pre-PA FaceBook group that has postings and responses sometimes, many around Orlando. You can also try cold calling. Private practices are generally a better bet (I got literally dozens of reluctant declines because hospital policy wouldn't allow it without a contract from a university or some other official body, despite the PA being interested in letting me shadow). I eventually got mine through volunteering at a free clinic and a friend of a friend. It is definitely a tricky hurdle to overcome, but persistence pays off.

Also consider shadowing MDs as well, it all helps and that way you might be able to make a connection because the MD might "know someone."

Archived