Jump to content

North Carolina Campbell PA applicants 2019-2020 upcoming cycle

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, vpcloud said:

I got an invite to interview 9/6!  I look forward to meeting you all!

Did they call you or email you with the invitation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, arielnberry said:

I just received an interview for Sep. 6th! Super late notice so i'm assuming somebody cancelled theirs. 

I believe that was the case for me as well.  I received a call on Tuesday for September 6th.  I’m really looking forward to meeting everyone!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2019 at 11:18 AM, Googlebrain said:

I interviewed on the 9th. We had a big information meeting with all the applicants then split up into groups of 6-8 students I think (my group had 6). We had a tour of the campus, informational meeting about what sets Campbell apart, a group activity, and then a 2-1 interview (2 faculty, 1 interviewee). Ultimately the day was pretty relaxed and the staff was awesome. They seem to genuinely care about their students and they just want to get to know you during the interview process. I was nervous because it was my first interview but it was very relaxed and is nothing to stress about!

To everyone who's gone through the interview - I just received the interview details email for the 9/6 interview (finally!!! :D), and it mentioned a group interview and an individual interview, so I'm trying to get clarification.

Is it a group interview or a group activity? If it was a group interview, did the faculty and staff ask you questions that had you compare yourself to the other members of your group? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by pqyourpa
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, pqyourpa said:

To everyone who's gone through the interview - I just received the interview details email for the 9/6 interview (finally!!! :D), and it mentioned a group interview and an individual interview, so I'm trying to get clarification.

Is it a group interview or a group activity? If it was a group interview, did the faculty and staff ask you questions that had you compare yourself to the other members of your group? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

You are separated into a small group (4 people) and discuss an ethical situation. Then you discuss how you think you worked with each other. There are two evaluators that do not give input, but just evaluate your interactions. I hope this helped!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2019 at 11:20 AM, pqyourpa said:

Hey! I'll also be interviewing on Sept 6! I'll send you a PM 🙂

In terms of the photo release, I assumed that it was for the interview day and I filled in the date for 9/6/19 and sent it to Shanetta. 

I have an interview 9/6 as well, but was not aware of a photo release form.  Where can I get this form?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NiYa13 said:

You are separated into a small group (4 people) and discuss an ethical situation. Then you discuss how you think you worked with each other. There are two evaluators that do not give input, but just evaluate your interactions. I hope this helped!

Thanks for this insight, NiYa! Oooooh I'm excited!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, vpcloud said:

I have an interview 9/6 as well, but was not aware of a photo release form.  Where can I get this form?

Wes emailed them to us. I'll send it to you in a PM 🙂 I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post them on the internet lol. 

1 hour ago, vpcloud said:

The hurricane has shifted and looks like it MAY come to the Carolinas late next week.  

giphy.gif

I hope not!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pqyourpa said:

Wes emailed them to us. I'll send it to you in a PM 🙂 I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post them on the internet lol. 

giphy.gif

I hope not!!!!

Dying at this reaction, that was mine too reading that 😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2019 at 3:05 PM, hellofellowapplicants said:

Just got the call from Wes! Been accepted to the PA/MPH program!!

I just got an interview invite for the PA/MPH program for 9/20. Any insight to what the MPH portion of the interview was like? Or info on how the dual program works? (is there more or less seats, etc) TIA! Congratulations!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, vpcloud said:

I have an interview 9/6 as well, but was not aware of a photo release form.  Where can I get this form?

Is the photo release form needed if you have an interview, or for everyone who applies? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DearAugust said:

Is the photo release form needed if you have an interview, or for everyone who applies? Thanks!

For those with interviews 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, GDSPA said:

I just got an interview invite for the PA/MPH program for 9/20. Any insight to what the MPH portion of the interview was like? Or info on how the dual program works? (is there more or less seats, etc) TIA! Congratulations!

The dual program is great- the interview process is the same. However during your 1:1 you’ll have a public health professor also sitting in on your interview. They award ~6 seats to dual students. In regards to how it works you’ll do a year of public health courses fall, spring, and summer and have about a week off until pa starts.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kmanring said:

The dual program is great- the interview process is the same. However during your 1:1 you’ll have a public health professor also sitting in on your interview. They award ~6 seats to dual students. In regards to how it works you’ll do a year of public health courses fall, spring, and summer and have about a week off until pa starts.

Thanks so much! do they also question you or just listen to your answers with the PA staff?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of curiosity, do they still call with a decision within a few days if denied or wait-listed? or do they only call to notify you of acceptance? TIA!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Similar Content

    • By CorpsmantoPA
      Hello fellow applicants,
      Last cycle was my first application to Campbell and this forum helped tremendously. Hopefully this will help someone again. 
      Best of luck!
    • By PrePA1208
      I had to retake one class my freshman year, and I really do not want to waste a few sentences in my personal statement to speak about it. Although, I also understand it is best to address it somewhere. Is there another place on CASPA to discuss shortcomings on your application? I do not see a place, but I want to make sure I am not missing something. 
    • By Tbrock94
      I know Yale has an online pa program, what is a competitive applicant for Yale online? Also does anyone else have an online physician assistant program? 
       
      Thank you 
    • By alisin
      Hello everyone! I did not see a thread for the applications for Gannon University in Erie, PA? Has anyone applied as a post-baccalaureate student? They do have a 5 year combined bachelor's and master's program but I believe they accept a few students besides their undergraduate class.
    • By Tllehann
      My name is Tessa and I am currently an MA at a dermatology clinic. I am aspiring to be a PA and will be applying during the next cycle. I have worked along side PAs for about 2 years now in dermatology and have experience working in a level 1 ED. However, I am looking for any PA shadow opportunity in Arizona that is not dermatology as I want to branch out and have an understanding of what PAs do in different fields. I live in Glendale but I am willing to travel anywhere in Arizona.
      If you are a PA or know a PA or any open opportunities feel free to reach out to me on here. 
      Thank you! 
       
       
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More