North Carolina Campbell PA applicants 2019-2020 upcoming cycle

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Congratulations to those accepted in to Campbell!!!    @hellofellowapplicants @peanutbutterPA @Googlebrain @aquacamel @salolli @MedGal1995's boyfriend

Yes CLASS OF 2022!!! So EXCITED!!!    

Got the call a little while ago!

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Bgirl99 said:

Has anyone who were accepted or applied this cycle have any C's in prereq's? I currently have C's in Anatomy & Physiology. Worried I will not get in for the next PA cycle when I apply. Anything will help. Thanks!

I was accepted a couple months ago with a C+ in organic chemistry. That was my only C. Hope that helps!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

i was wondering if anyone here that is currently attending campbell university can help me with this question about the program.

For didactic year, do students study from the book to prepare for the exam or do they depend on the lectures power points. In general, is the program more geared toward study the material on your own or the instructors will teach you the material in class and thats what you will be tested on.

They definitely teach you everything you need to know in lecture. There are associated readings, so you may supplement from the textbooks, but I'd say that 90% of what all of us study comes from lecture. The only time we really "learn on our own" is when we have a designated SDL (self-directed learning), but even in that situation, faculty usually set aside a time to ask questions about that content.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Anakin said:

Hey classmates! I see they recently sent out the email about immunizations and background check but have they sent out school supply lists yet? Just want to make sure I didn't miss it. Also, what day does orientation start? July 21st?

Hi hi!!

No school supply list yet (that I'm aware). Are you on the FB Class of 2022 page? We get updates on there as well.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By koconn
      Hey y'all so I am a sophomore in undergrad and in the process of just starting to get PCE, shadow, and volunteer hours and etc, but I am super stressed out because I am itching to start getting PCE hours except its so difficult while in school. I was thinking about becoming an EMT and working for 2 years after I graduate but I wasn't sure if being an EMT is considered PCE among most colleges, does anyone know? (I also tried to work as a caregiver over summer and that job isn't for me) 

Also, I'm trying to compile a list of PA schools to apply to, so if anyone has any recommendations for schools on the east coast please let me know! 🙂
    • By Gilyprepa
      Hey everyone, there are still tickets available for those who are interested in the Loma Linda PA program. We have changed our event from zoom to being ON CAMPUS. There will be prizes raffled off. Due to some restrictions still being in place, the tickets that are being sold will only allow one person per ticket. More info on the flyer and event bright website. Thank you so much! Hope to see you there. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/llus-3rd-annual-pre-pa-conference-tickets-145958073527
      prePA conference final draft flyer On CAMPUS.pdf
    • By sabella57
      Hello everyone!
      Thought I would get this page started so we can help each other out through this process. Good luck! 
    • By Nypac21
      Hi all, 
      I'm a new grad starting out in ambulatory surgery-- I'm super excited because I love being hands on in the operating room. I was just wondering if any of the Surgical PAs could give some insights about ambulatory surgery? The site I'm going to be working at has 12 surgical subspecialities (list below). From what I gathered through the interview process, I'll be able to get experience in all of them. That being said I'm worried about being prepared and knowledgeable for cases. Anyone have any tips of how to study up, or even get more comfortable once starting? I have a little over a month before start date so any resources are welcome. Thanks in advance!
      List of subspecialities/ topics to brush up on🤯🥴: 

Bariatric surgery
      Breast surgery
      Colorectal surgery
      General surgery
      Head and neck surgery
      Minimally invasive gynecologic surgery
      Neurosurgery
      Ophthalmologic surgery
      Orthopedic surgery
      Pediatric surgery
      Podiatric surgery
      Sports medicine surgery
      Urologic surgery
      Vascular surgery
    • By Mopac
      Hi all. Our EM practice is in the works of developing a head PA/NP position (manager in a sense). Currently we have a liaison who is a physician-but the physician wants to turn it over to the APPs. Since this is a new trial process for our group, I wanted to reach out and see what the job description and stipend/benefits your group gives to the PA/NP who is essentially "in charge" of the APPs at your practice. If you could tell me the type of practice you work in, location (state), job description for head APP (rough expectations), and stipend/benefits for that position I would greatly appreciate it. 

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More