Jump to content
Finnigan

2019 Yale PA online application cycle

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, ellomate said:

Yaaayy! Got accepted to the program yesterday. Can’t wait to meet y’all! 🙂

Congrats!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an interview coming up in about a week. I've never used Zoom and wanted to see if anyone could give insight on their computer setup during their interviews. I'm planning to use my Macbook's webcam and I'm planning to get an ethernet adapter for a more reliable connection. Did anyone have to use a headset to reduce noise from your speaker and other background noise, or was using just the laptop fine?

Thanks in advance!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ICF2019 said:

I have an interview coming up in about a week. I've never used Zoom and wanted to see if anyone could give insight on their computer setup during their interviews. I'm planning to use my Macbook's webcam and I'm planning to get an ethernet adapter for a more reliable connection. Did anyone have to use a headset to reduce noise from your speaker and other background noise, or was using just the laptop fine?

Thanks in advance!!

I recommend using a headset and test your connections ahead of time. Zoom allows you to test your speakers and mic ahead of time. Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[mention=134528]ammelton[/mention] Thanks! I'll use my airpods and utilize the Zoom meeting test. I appreciate the info!


I also used airpods! But they do recommend non-bluetooth headset for connecting issues sometimes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone! Congratulations to everyone that applied, interviewed, and/or waitlisted and accepted! Just wanted to know what the anticipated start date is for the program? I know it's in January but just wanted to know if there is a date that has been set. Thank you in advance!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2019 at 4:00 PM, sbp29 said:

Hi everyone! Congratulations to everyone that applied, interviewed, and/or waitlisted and accepted! Just wanted to know what the anticipated start date is for the program? I know it's in January but just wanted to know if there is a date that has been set. Thank you in advance!! 

1/2/2020 for orientation, and I think official start date is 1/5? most likely!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had my Personal Interview on Monday and will complete the interview series with my Academic Interview tomorrow - I feel like the first interview went really well but I can't imagine that they are still adding applicants this late in the game, my feeling is that they may just be padding their waitlist at this point. I'll still go into the interview tomorrow with the best of expectations though, fingers crossed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Medic1530 said:

Just received my acceptance call!  A dream come true.  Very excited to get started!

Congrats!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ihopeigetin said:

Anyone else on the waitlist get an email? 

Yes....to confirm whether or not I wanted to stay on the waitlist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, ammelton said:

Yes....to confirm whether or not I wanted to stay on the waitlist. 

I hope that’s a good sign. Someone posted about that same email earlier and received a call two days later. Hopefully that means we’re near the top of the list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just received my acceptance call!  A dream come true.  Very excited to get started!

Congrats! Join the FB group ;)

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Adara said:

Still haven’t heard anything yet. Applied in August. Anyone in the same boat?

Yes. Interviewed and waitlisted in July. Got an email last week asking if I wanted to keep my spot on the waitlist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More