Sign in to follow this  
SNA3189

ENT Conference 2019

Hi all! I was wondering if anyone was going to the ENT for the PA-C Conference coming up in April down in Orlando? This will be my first year attending and I've heard great things from my colleagues! 

If you've gone in the past, are there any specific workshops you would absolutely recommend?

Edited by SNA3189

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By rach6790
      I have been working in ENT outpatient for almost 2 years. As of now I have been seeing my own patients. But in the last 6 months one of the physicians in the group wanted me to send the supervising physician my new patient notes so that they could sign off on it (apparently this is actually a rule of the hospital in which I work, but not in the state ). Most of the the supervising physicians will read the note, let me know if there's anything I may have missed and sign off on it. However,  one of the physicians wants to see every new patient with me (since she is signing off on the note). I understand why she wants to see the patient with me, but it cuts into both of our schedules. We are now thinking maybe I'll see patients with her (help with postop patients - taking out sutures etc, counseling before surgery) some days. 
      I'm wondering how other ENT PAs function in an outpatient setting. Any insight would be so helpful, thank you! 
    • By Lostapovich
      I am a new grad and came across the following proposal after interviewing for an ENT position in North Carolina:

PROPOSAL OF TERMS FOR EMPLOYMENT
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      WORK SCHEDULE:  5 DAY WORKWEEK 8 AM – 5 PM, LUNCH 12-1 PM. 

PA WILL BE ASSIGNED PATIENTS BY THE PRACTICE WITH GOAL OF MAXIMIZING PHYSICIAN AND PA PRODUCTIVITY AT THEIR LEVEL OF EXPERTISE/KNOWLEDGE.   THE PHYSICIAN WILL MENTOR THE PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT UNTIL HE/SHE GAINS APPROPRIATE SKILLS/COMPETENCY TO WORK INDEPENDENTLY

SALARY: $90,000 PER YEAR PAID IN MONTHLY INCREMENTS

BONUS: PRODUCTIVITY BONUS BASED ON 40% OF PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT-GENERATED INCOME OVER $200,000. 

BENEFITS:  THREE WEEKS PAID VACATION PER YEAR (INCLUDES 5 PAID HOLIDAYS), PAID SICK AND/OR CONTINUING MEDICAL EDUCATION LEAVE (5 DAYS); AND CME/ANNUAL DUES/LICENSURE  $3000 ANNUAL ALLOWANCE

RETIREMENT PLAN (SIMPLE IRA) AFTER ONE YEAR OF EMPLOYMENT (3% MATCH)

MALPRACTICE INSURANCE PAID BY THE PRACTICE

ON-CALL (FIRST CALL):  5 WEEK NIGHTS PER MONTH, 1 WEEKEND PER MONTH

NON-COMPETE  RESTRICTION: AFTER ENDING EMPLOYMENT WITH THE PRACTICE, PA WILL NOT SEEK EMPLOYMENT  WITH AN ENT OFFICE LOCATING IN NEIGHBORING COUNTIES FOR A PERIOD OF ONE YEAR.

IN ADDITION TO SEEING PATIENTS IN CLINIC AND BEING ABLE TO PERFORM CLINIC PROCEDURES, THE PA WILL  BE ASSIGNED PRE-OPERATIVE VISITS, POST-OP VISITS AND SUTURE REMOVALS WHERE MINIMAL INPUT FROM PHYSICIAN IS NEEDED, AND MAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR HOSPITAL DISCHARGES.  WHERE REIMBURSABLE, THE PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT WILL BE GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO ASSIST IN THE OPERATING ROOM ON CASES.

*The offer does not include medical benefits

I have a few offers on the table and I have yet to come across this type of offer. I am very intrigued but also a bit nervous about the possibility it may not work out as I am the first mid-level that this provider has hired.

The productivity bonus: I keep 40% of all revenue over 200K that I bring into the clinic.

Can someone please give me some guidance?
    • By ScienceisAmazin
      http://www.entpa.org/ent_for_the_pac

Anybody planning to go to the conference this year? I'm a new ENT hire and my department is sending me before I begin. Would love to meet up!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More