Kes1123

Updating a waitlisted program?

Hey everyone, I’m new to the forum and this was my first cycle applying! I interviewed at one school in mid December and was waitlisted. It says right on the website and through an email that they encourage updates, but I was wondering which way is the best. 

Phone call- call the admissions assistant who gave out her business card/direct line and ask how they accept updates. Would it be better to just call the general admissions number?

Email- email the admissions assistant who gave out her business card/direct line and ask how to update or just automatically send the updates in? Again, would it be better to just email the general admissions email? 

Am I over thinking this? Probably lol it’s just my top choice 😂 alsoooo I’m super worried I don’t have big enough “updates” like really I’ve just been continuing to work as a nursing assistant with special needs children. At the interview they asked how many PCE hours I had (560) and if I were to update now, I would have 720. Is this worth an update?  I don’t want to hurt my chances in any way, but I do want to let them know that if accepted I would 100% attend. Any help on what to say or how to say it would be awesome!!! Thanks!

I personally believe you have enough hours for an update. I like phone calls because its more personal but if you email them you will have a record communicating with the school. If your school encourages updates go ahead. Most people say to only update a max of once per month.

Wish you the best!

• Upvote 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By cbrady
      Hi everyone,
      Just looking for some help and guidance with what to do. I applied to 11 schools this cycle, denied from 4 schools and had interviews to 5 (still waiting to hear from 2 but likely denied as well).
      Everyone school that I interviewed at I was waitlisted. I was accepted to one school, but with the school being on probation, I feel that it is not a wise choice to attend as they do not seem that they are doing much to fix this. It was also very apparent after attending other interviews that this school does not seem to care much about their students. They are up for another review when I would still be in the didactic phase of school, which may leave me hanging if they lost accreditation.
      In addition this school requires me to take an extra class before the start date (May) which would cost an extra few thousand dollars and I may not be able to feasibly complete (I am currently still in undergrad). 
      What should I do? The schools that I am waitlisted to are all schools that I would love to attend. Should I hold out and see if I can get off of the waitlist or just accept the invitation from this other school?
      Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

• By Bonist55
      I have applied to 16 PA schools and 1 NP school.  I've been denied by about 6 schools, accepted interview invite to one school, and still waiting to hear back from the others.  How do you cope with the agony of waiting??  Until I received the invite for one school I was beginning to think maybe I'm not cut out for this, or maybe it's because of my race, or maybe it's because of the state and school I came from, etc...  Are you experiencing self-doubt?  Any tips or advice?
    • By aspiringpa123
      Hi everyone,
      I was recently placed on the waitlist for Nova Ft. Lauderdale. Does anyone know when they usually start pulling people from the list or how long the waitlist is? Also, I thought I'd start a topic so all of us on the waitlist can keep each other updated! Best of luck to everyone!
    • By aspiringpa123
      Hi everyone,
      I was placed on the waitlist for Nova Orlando back in November.  I thought I'd start a topic so all of us on the waitlist can keep each other updated! Best of luck to everyone! 
    • By bhs9014
      To all those who were waitlisted or turned down this year. Do not give up. I applied to 65 schools over the last 4 years and was turned down by everyone (including this cycle) but one. I must admit it was not easy receiving rejection after rejection. Do not give up. Hold your head up high. It is totally worth it when you finally get that one acceptance. I was driving to work when I got the call. I actually pulled over to the side of the highway and cried. I cannot stress enough to keep your head up and move forward. When I was struggling with things as a kid my father would always tell me "All problems Yield to effort." Its what got me to continue going after my dream of becoming a PA after being turned down so many times. I am now a Proud member of Northern Arizona University's PA Class of 2019.

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More