2019-2020 cycle applicants. Let's talk!

On 4/10/2019 at 9:32 AM, rfo1234 said:

Hi Everyone! I will be applying this upcoming cycle. I'm taking my GRE next friday (Currently freaking out !) I'm from Boston and hoping that I can stay local. Anyone here from the northeast??? 

I am! Just went to the Northeastern open house a few weeks ago! Feel free to DM me if you want to chat about schools!

So I just got accepted into one of my top choice schools, and don’t believe everything you read...everyone’s experiences are going to differ and not two people are going to encounter the same situation. In my experience my interviews were EXTREMELY laid back and they just wanted to get to know you. Also I was not a strong applicant. I had under 300 gre, my cumulative gpa was a 3.3, my science gpa was a 3.8. I however did have over 9,000 hours of good quality pce. I was told multiple times not to even apply this cycle because my gre was too low, etc. as long as you make yourself well rounded who cares what others may say!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MikePAS99 said:

So I just got accepted into one of my top choice schools, and don’t believe everything you read...everyone’s experiences are going to differ and not two people are going to encounter the same situation. In my experience my interviews were EXTREMELY laid back and they just wanted to get to know you. Also I was not a strong applicant. I had under 300 gre, my cumulative gpa was a 3.3, my science gpa was a 3.8. I however did have over 9,000 hours of good quality pce. I was told multiple times not to even apply this cycle because my gre was too low, etc. as long as you make yourself well rounded who cares what others may say!

Exactly. Well said. Tired of people discouraging others because one “stat” of theirs is low. You and I are good examples. 2 Mikes

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MikePAS99 said:

Wow I needed that, thank you!! Literally everything on my application is great except my GRE so that makes me feel better. Do you mind me asking your GRE score? Also, gives hope for people since you just got accepted! Congrats!!

17 minutes ago, haleydawn4 said:

Wow I needed that, thank you!! Literally everything on my application is great except my GRE so that makes me feel better. Do you mind me asking your GRE score? Also, gives hope for people since you just got accepted! Congrats!!

My gre was a 294. I did however score a 6 on writing. Thank you! 

On 2/17/2019 at 10:30 AM, Nataliefish said:

Hey there, I am applying this cycle for the first time too! I am nervous as well! I will be applying to a few programs that require organic chemistry, which I will not be taking until this fall. I emailed the programs and they stated that I can still apply and just make sure to have the classes completed before the summer before I would begin the PA program. I hope that helps! Or if you are unsure, maybe reach out to the programs and see what they suggest!

Hey that helps a lot! thanks!

I have a question regarding CASPA... I always hear about something like an auto filter or auto rejection. My thing is, is there a way that when caspa opens and i create my account, i will be able to see my caspa calculated GPA or I have to pay the caspa fee? I have everything together but the gpa option, and i am not sure if it is worth it to apply or i will be automatically auto rejected. How do you know if you are auto rejected?

12 minutes ago, sipmebabyonemoretime said:

I have a question regarding CASPA... I always hear about something like an auto filter or auto rejection. My thing is, is there a way that when caspa opens and i create my account, i will be able to see my caspa calculated GPA or I have to pay the caspa fee? I have everything together but the gpa option, and i am not sure if it is worth it to apply or i will be automatically auto rejected. How do you know if you are auto rejected?

You cannot see CASPA gpa until you submit your CASPA 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello!

I am applying this cycle (2019-2020) and was wondering if anyone has any insight on exactly how early is considered early for schools that have rolling admissions. I haven't been able to find specific dates on this topic. 

Are you in the early window as long as you apply before July? Before June? If I want to apply in May- will it make a difference if I apply now or a week from now?

Guest thePAway
23 hours ago, mmaurello said:

Hello!

I am applying this cycle (2019-2020) and was wondering if anyone has any insight on exactly how early is considered early for schools that have rolling admissions. I haven't been able to find specific dates on this topic. 

Are you in the early window as long as you apply before July? Before June? If I want to apply in May- will it make a difference if I apply now or a week from now?

if you want to apply early I would say mid june or earlier!

Hey guys!

This is my 3rd year applying to PA school. I've sent out 14 applications last week. Hoping this is my year as I have finally gotten the patient care hours needed. My GRE score is under 300 ( 292), but I have worked as an MA for 9months now. My GPA is average (3.5) but I also have a ton of community service hours involving 4H and advising kids.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest thePAway
1 hour ago, Siyana said:

I just scored 294 as well; however, waiting on my writing results... I don't know what to do; should I retake it or not? 

if you have the time and money to study more and retake it I would! only if u think u can study and do better though!

Guest thePAway
12 hours ago, ct0502 said:

I know ETS says it takes 10-15 days to get the GRE results back but is it likely to get it before that? I took my test last tuesday, 6 days ago, and am so anxious for my AWA results since its my weakest subject. 

i think mine took exactly 10 days

On 5/18/2019 at 5:53 PM, thePAway said:

if you have the time and money to study more and retake it I would! only if u think u can study and do better though!

I will be retaking it, June 19th. I will do 7 more practice tests and continue on adding more to my vocabulary. 

Any word on how long it's been taking for applications to get verified lately? I'm aware that CASPA says it can take up to 2 weeks. I've seen people say they were verified within a matter of hours this week, but they were reapplicants and I'm guessing the process probably goes a little quicker for them. Just curious!

Also; how soon are you all getting supplemental applications in? I've been working on them but holding off until my CASPA apps are verified before I cough up that $$ and submit them. 

4 minutes ago, laurennicolem said:

Any word on how long it's been taking for applications to get verified lately? I'm aware that CASPA says it can take up to 2 weeks. I've seen people say they were verified within a matter of hours this week, but they were reapplicants and I'm guessing the process probably goes a little quicker for them. Just curious!

Also; how soon are you all getting supplemental applications in? I've been working on them but holding off until my CASPA apps are verified before I cough up that $$ and submit them. 

I submitted my CASPA last week and it was verified within a couple hours!! I'm also a first time applicant. 

• Upvote 1

Guest thePAway
49 minutes ago, laurennicolem said:

I submitted my CASPA and all my supplementals this week because they won't look at your CASPA or review your app until they have everything they require in (supplemental, fee, GRE score)

• 1 month later...
Guest pa321

hey everyone! 

I just submitted last week and my application was verified yesterday! 

I'm so so so excited but constantly doubting myself. I have a 3.4 overall and a 3.0 science. 

I worked as a medical scribe for the past two and a half years so have well over 3000k hours. 

I was also a physical therapy aide for 1 summer and got 128 hours from that. 

I have about 88 hours shadowing a physician assistant. 

3 LORS and a whole bunch of hope. lol