Deciding between two school

Hey! So i am fortunate enough to be in the position of deciding between two programs, but am having trouble choosing between the two like so many others before. I am aware that in the end, ranking plays little part in success as a future PA and so I am not concerned about that. But any opinion and insight would be helpful!

Option A: 

• Close to family- have a support system
  • Could save money living at home, so overall cost would be cheaper in the long run
  • within the state that I want to live/practice in
  • Has medical spanish course
  • 93% average five year PANCE pass rate ('15 @ 95%, '16 @ 95%, and '17 @ 93%)
  • No cadaver lab
  • 8 core rotations, 1 elective
  • Well established program
  • 75 students
  • 28 month program, August start date

Option B:

• Out of state (Costs may be higher due to rent)
  • Name of institution is highly known
  • No support system
  • Team based learning 
  • 100% pass rate
  • cadaver lab
  • attached to teaching hospital
  • 9 rotations, 1 elective
  • New program, only 3 classes have graduated
  • 30 students
  • 24 month program, May start date

I recommend Option A because the tuition will be much less and you can live at home with a good support system. It's also a good way to make connections during your rotations since you do want to work in that state. Also, I prefer an August start date because you will get to enjoy the summer before beginning PA school. This is just my opinion. Good luck 🙂 

1 hour ago, Potatolife said:

I recommend Option A because the tuition will be much less and you can live at home with a good support system. It's also a good way to make connections during your rotations since you do want to work in that state. Also, I prefer an August start date because you will get to enjoy the summer before beginning PA school. This is just my opinion. Good luck 🙂 

Thank you so much for the input! I think the reason why i’m hesitant is because of the PANCE pass rates not being the highest and consistent, but overall am leaning towards option A as well. 

Archived