alwaysivy

Online Organic Chemistry II with no lab

Hello, 

I've been searching for awhile. I tried to apply to a course that was offered at a community college, but my home school took too long processing the paperwork they needed, so my plans fell through. My request is a bit specific. I need an 8 weeks course (or at least one I can complete before May) that is Organic Chemistry II but with no lab portion, as I have already completed that part of the course. The closest I've come is Doane but their course only seems to have the lab portion attached.

Please and thank you!

EDIT: Needed to fulfill Bachelor's Degree before going further

Edited by alwaysivy
added some info

29 minutes ago, alwaysivy said:

This appears to be a condensation of both parts of Organic Chemistry, which I doubt my school will accept. Thank you, though, I'll still ask them! 

LECOM accepts this course to fulfill the ochem requirement for the PA to DO bridge program...

8 minutes ago, EMEDPA said:

LECOM accepts this course to fulfill the ochem requirement for the PA to DO bridge program...

I should have said in my OP, but this is to fulfill my BA degree before going further. My school requires 2 sections of Organic to be taken and they are quite picky sometimes.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By milery
      Hello,  my sgpa is 2.4 and I registered for organic chemistry 2 and phlebotomy part 1 next semester but I missed the FAFSA deadline so I would be paying for the class with a credit card. my new dilemma is this..  there's this technical school that offers phlebotomy for only a month and half at $2k but it doesn't count as credit which was the reason why I signed up for PHLEB at a CC(it can help my GPA). the current bill at CC with PHLEB and ORGO is around $2k but ill be missing part two of PHLEB which I can take during the summer but that's another cost since I was once told FAFSA is not offered for summer semester. so my question is should I either:
      #1 drop organic 2 and pay for phlebotomy in the spring and part 2 in the summer and take organic 2 next fall
      #2 pay for the technical school and take organic 2 next fall
      #3 pay for the technical school and organic 2 ( this route will cost me around $3 -$4k maybe)
       I will be trying to get into the LPN program spring 2021 and phlebotomy offers such amazing skills that I would love to have that under my belt for PA school. as for LPN, I work closely with LPNS so I would love to have that kind of health care experience as well ( I am CNA) but also great pay. my plan C is medical laboratory technician if I don't get accepted in the LPN program. unfortunately the BS degree in medical scientist requires a GPA of 3.0 that's why im aiming at the associate degree instead. why mlt? the job looks fun, great science classes = boost my science gpa and higher pay than what im doing right now CNA. I already have 3 years worth of HCE and I would have PHLEB as my other set of HCE.
      my goal in general is obtain awesome skills, be financially stable and boost my PA application. unfortunately because my GPA is so low my options are pretty limited at least in my area. 
      what im lacking in my application is my GPA. im not financially stable to take random hard core sciences without leading to a career, because what if im not competitive enough? then I could end up with no backup.
    • By Finntastic
      I know this is mainly a "contact the school" issue, but I'm wondering is anyone has ever had a problem with programs accepting a combined organic chem and biochem course? I just found out one of them won't allow it after I applied 😞
    • By AmbitiousPA2B
      Hey guys, 
      I will be applying to PA school this cycle and I was talking to an admissions counselor at the PA school I am interested in going (in my home town) about my academic record/healthcare experience and how I can be a more competitive applicant. In conclusion, she recommended I re-take Gen Chem II cause I got a D the first time I took it. Some background on me is that I have a cGPA of 3.1 and I knew that wasn't competitive enough for PA school and decided to get a Master's in Science which I got a cGPA of 3.5 with a sGPA of 3.6. I figured that since I took a lot of upper level chemistry and biochem courses in grad school it would counteract my D in gen chem II. However, they don't factor in grad grades with the undergrad pre-req grades which I should've known and feel stupid that I don't so I am looking at retaking gen chem over the summer before Aug 1. Other areas of my app are very strong with a good enough GRE, over 2,500 healthcare hours and other volunteer experience. This is literally my last battle and any advice would be amazing! 

SO she recommended I take Gen Chem II online at UNE (University of New England) and she said I;d be able to finish that in 8 weeks. I absolutely hated GC II and I really need to pull off an A. I've never experienced taking an online class through UNE...if any of you guys have had any experience and how hard you think it would be to pull off an A that would be greatly appreciated!! 
    • By PerspiringPA
      I have completed my bachelor's degree in Biology, but since I was pre-med back then, I didn't complete the anatomy and physiology course and now have to complete it at a community college. I also have a full time job and was hoping to take anatomy and physiology in a hybrid setting (online lecture with in person lab). Is this a good idea? I've been looking at schools websites and some don't care, some said "considered on an individual basis," and some won't accept it. Am I limiting my chances too much? I want to apply mostly west coast and surrounding states.  I also have to take statistics and I hope to apply for Fall 2020.
      Thanks!
    • By pahopeful46
      Hello all! I am currently trying to decide between two schools and I need some assistance as I am very conflicted. One program is in person and it is 26 months and starts in July, but I would have to move out of state to attend and would graduate in May 2021. The other program is Yale's newer online program and would start in January and I would graduate a year later in May 2022 but I would be able to stay in state and not move at all since the didactic year is online. The actual cost for the programs is almost exactly the same, the only real difference is the graduation dates, location, and the fact that one is online versus in person. How does everyone feel about a program being online in the didactic year? I am pretty conflicted about it but I would very much like to avoid moving out of state if I do not have to but I am worried that I will miss out on in person interactions at the other program. I am really conflicted on what to do here and any thoughts or opinions would be very helpful. Thanks so much!  

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More