Francis Marion University Interviews 2019

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, KirstenC said:

The update on program accreditation status says that FMU PA program has been placed on Probation status again at the March 2019 meeting until September 2020. Does anyone know what this means for those of us who will be matriculating this August?

This is how I understand it: They’re still accredited, they are just on probation. So we were accepted to an accredited program (as it stands right now). If they lose accreditation in the future, then they can’t start a new class until they get reaccredited.

I just reached out to my older PA friend to see what he has to say about it!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KirstenC said:

The update on program accreditation status says that FMU PA program has been placed on Probation status again at the March 2019 meeting until September 2020. Does anyone know what this means for those of us who will be matriculating this August?

As long as on our first day of class they have some form of accreditation (probation included) then even if they lose accreditation before graduation, we will still graduate from an accredited program and be able to sit for the PANCE.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...