For those of you who got accepted,  congratulations!  How much time do you have to put down a seat deposit?  Thanks

Congratulations to the new class!! I will be happy to answer any student related questions. I am an older student (41) and out of state. I love this program and look forward to meeting you all in the fall. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sunrise230 said:

For those of you who got accepted,  congratulations!  How much time do you have to put down a seat deposit?  Thanks

2 weeks!

12 hours ago, ArmoGlitter said:

Did anyone get a post interview denial or waitlist letter yet?

I have not. Still holding out hope!

50 minutes ago, crcrown said:

I have not. Still holding out hope!

They said letters would go out near the end of this week.

On 3/20/2019 at 3:14 PM, epl418 said:

2 weeks!

Thanks!

For those looking for housing, the university offers private apartments on campus for graduate students. It has pro's and con's but definitely worth considering. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, GabeO said:

For those looking for housing, the university offers private apartments on campus for graduate students. It has pro's and con's but definitely worth considering. 

Thank you for the info! Do you happen to know the names of the apartments? 

My pleasure! I am not sure of the names, however their is some information on the university webpage under the housing option. I currently live in one and would be happy to share my experience or answer any questions. 

14 hours ago, sunrise230 said:

My letter came today.  I've been waitlisted.  They say they prefer not to reveal waitlist rankings.

Will you still inquire directly about your ranking?

I'm interested in this school for the next cycle.  Can anyone tell me more information about the program than what is on the website? Are current students seeming to be pretty happy with their choice? Also, does anyone know why they are on probation?

I got waitlisted as well. I know someone who got accepted said they got in somewhere else, I wonder if they already filled that spot? Also, how many people do you think they put on the waitlist?

10 hours ago, fwc15 said:

Will you still inquire directly about your ranking?

I hadn't planned on it - my thinking is asking might reflect badly on me.

The update on program accreditation status says that FMU PA program has been placed on Probation status again at the March 2019 meeting until September 2020. Does anyone know what this means for those of us who will be matriculating this August?

12 minutes ago, KirstenC said:

The update on program accreditation status says that FMU PA program has been placed on Probation status again at the March 2019 meeting until September 2020. Does anyone know what this means for those of us who will be matriculating this August?

This is how I understand it: They’re still accredited, they are just on probation. So we were accepted to an accredited program (as it stands right now). If they lose accreditation in the future, then they can’t start a new class until they get reaccredited.

I just reached out to my older PA friend to see what he has to say about it!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KirstenC said:

As long as on our first day of class they have some form of accreditation (probation included) then even if they lose accreditation before graduation, we will still graduate from an accredited program and be able to sit for the PANCE.

• Like 1

Just got the probation letter! Shocked because the students at our interview assured us they we’re more than fine. Makes me curious what happened 

Just thought i would give this forum a shot-if there are any females looking for a roommate, please let me know! 

• Like 1