Who pays for your NCCPA Certificate Maintenance

At my former FT EM job my CME allowance of $2,500/yr was all that I was given by my employer to cover licenses, DEA, NCCPA, CME, etc.   My 2 other PT EM positions treat their FT employees the same way and as PT I get no CME.  My new FT EM job has no CME allowance but did pay for all of the expenses associated with me getting licensed in a new state for them.  However, I'll be responsible for all ongoing certifications, licensing, etc.  However, since the pay is 30% more, I'm OK with that.  

• Administrator
21 hours ago, ohiovolffemtp said:

My new FT EM job has no CME allowance but did pay for all of the expenses associated with me getting licensed in a new state for them.  However, I'll be responsible for all ongoing certifications, licensing, etc.  However, since the pay is 30% more, I'm OK with that.  

Hmm, have you looked at the tax implications of that?  I've intentionally had my compensation biased towards CME/licensing/fees, so I don't have to take that money as income, to minimize my tax liability.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry to hear you have to pay DEA out of pocket. My friend who works in Salinas seems very fortunate. Her company pays for her DEA, certificate maintenance, license fees, and boards (even the boards she first took after graduation) OUTSIDE CME allowance. They want them to actually use CME allowance for education. 

My old job (current one, tomorrow is my wake up call! [emoji4]) didn't pay jack. My new job (Starting April 1st) will pay my AAPA, CAPA, DEA, State License, NCCPA etc and if I join a GI society. My CME will also be covered up to 2500 per year.

Quite refreshing actually.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Archived