No offense but my naturopath knows more than you

5 hours ago, CAdamsPAC said:

Parents not charged?  That's the real travesty.  They were told two things by two different people, and they chose to believe the oil as insulin.  Maybe we just aren't selling it very well

3 hours ago, thinkertdm said:

Parents not charged?  That's the real travesty.  They were told two things by two different people, and they chose to believe the oil as insulin.  Maybe we just aren't selling it very well

Maybe people have to learn a bit more basic health education in school...

9 hours ago, thinkertdm said:

Shyeah...and monkeys might fly out of my butt...

Shyeah, I know Wayne 😎...but since the average person coming out of school these days can't make change in their head for the $3.00 they gave their coffee maker for a $2.95 coffee, how are we supposed to expect people to know the simple nuances of how a body works when they're not even told what body bits sit where and what they do, much less what happens when some of those body bits stop working right?  I had a lady the other day come in and tell me categorically that she had appendicitis, because she had LLQ pain - google said it was the likely cause for that if her appendix curled over a bit...the diverticulitis she did have was apparently mentioned as a differential 4-5 down the list 🤬.  I guess she assumed that HER appendix was long and retrocecal...

SK

On 1/31/2019 at 8:02 PM, sk732 said:

I did used to get a lot of requests/demands for tests ordered by voodoopaths from folks - here the voodoopath can order the test, but it comes out of the patient's pocket, as it needs an actual licensed MD/PA/NP to order tests on the public's dime - in other words, there needs to be an actual reason to order them.  If I had a nickel for every wannabe heavy metal victim, sub-sub-sub-sub-acute hypothyroid or  adrenal fatigueite that would show up, I would have retired my first six months out in civvy practice.  Typically, the appointment would start something like this - "My (voodoopath of choice) thinks I have  "imaginary condition  X" and says that I need this test done and that you HAVE to order it for me".  

I had this happen the other day. A chiropractor who also practices naturopathic medicine ordered a boat load load of lab work for a pts knee pain. When I asked why all this lab work was ordered for an orthopedic issue the patient said “well he is an all body practitioner”. Yeah, well Vit D levels and TSH has nothing to do with knee pain...so, no I’m not ordering the labs your quack wants ME to order. 

Archived