Sign in to follow this  
BirdDogPA

PA teaching at medical schools

Does anyone know of a PA or situation of where a PA taught at a medical school?  I'm looking at various faculty positions outside of PA schools.  Due to my location faculty jobs at a PA school is somewhat limited that is why Im broadening my search.)

There were some positions listed a few years ago in one of the journals. they wanted PAs to teach primary care to med students. Probably not a lot of these jobs. clinical positions teaching med students/residents? super common, but no extra pay...

• Like 1

I was appointed as faculty at Yale School of Medicine teaching Medical Students inpatient floor care and procedures many years ago.

There was a PA who taught med students physical exam schools and gave us both lectures. he was employed by the college of medicine rather than PA school which is affiliated.

PA Faculty at UC Davis taught and precepted medical students and residents for years. It was originally a grant funded position through Song-Brown.  I got the first position in 1980.  Later FNP and PA faculty formally taught the MS1 H and P course.  Just for laughs, but my first salary out of school for that job was around $21,000.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1