New grad

7 hours ago, PAFL12 said:

Not sure what the PA I II and III means but stay the hell away from Florida. The market is absolutely horrendous here. 

I’ve read through some of the previous post regarding the job market and most of the post talked about south Florida specifically. What part of Florida are you referring too? My significant other is in the military and eventually we will end up in Florida (Jacksonville area). Just not sure if it will be next year or in 3 years but it’s coming. 

The entire east coast is saturated. From Vero Beach to Miami, it’s pretty bad. West coast is slightly less so but the issue is that we have s ton of schools churning out new grads. The few offers that you do come across have a tendency to low ball you because they know they can. 

I hate to disagree with my colleagues but, there are jobs in SWFL. I think it is dependent on your specialty and setting.

I can tell you with 100% confidence that there are (and probably will always be) plenty of jobs for Psychiatry PAs.

It offers a great deal of autonomy and it can be very rewarding. The practice I work part time for is always hiring. They have multiple locations and contracts and they are opening new offices as the practice grows.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/24/2019 at 7:40 AM, PAFL12 said:

The entire east coast is saturated. From Vero Beach to Miami, it’s pretty bad. West coast is slightly less so but the issue is that we have s ton of schools churning out new grads. The few offers that you do come across have a tendency to low ball you because they know they can. 

Lol. Entire east coast? Vero Beach to Miami is only ~1/3 of the coast. Yes, south FL is saturated due to the PA schools. North Florida has strong demand. Can not speak for SW coast though. 

Archived