Who told patients...

Guest ral

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Joelseff said:

Hahaha this! I always get "I went to the ER and they said I had to see you. I don't know why because my xray just shows a fracture and it's not broken..."

Me:

Wait-What-Meme-11.jpeg.98c6184104e694cf5a0b31eca9f509c5.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I get that a lot too...."Is it broken or only fractured?".  I answer "Yes".

14 hours ago, PAinPenna said:

Who told patients that every insect bite must have been a "Spider Bite" 

I tell them there would have to be battalions of maurading skydiving spiders to make all the bites people complain of.

Who told patients if you have a little blood in your snot you have to have a antibiotic?

Who told the patient that it is my problem that the patient can't pay for a <$20 prescription when I even looked it up on GoodRx.com for them and provided them with a discount card so that they wouldn't have to load the app and yet they still called back to bitch about it saying that their $10 administrative fee to be seen should've covered the antibiotic as well.  If they had known this then they would've just gone to their PCP for $140!  HUH? 😞

23 hours ago, karebear12892 said:

Who told patients that asymptomatic hypertension requires a visit to the ER, labs, imaging, and IV medication?

Usually it's the UC or PCM, or the nurse-daughter.

1 hour ago, BayPAC said:

Who told patients that I should know the med they are on based on the color and shape of the pill?? "I'm taking a green round pill."

I usually reply to that by saying "That's like making me guess what kind of car you drive by telling me it's color."

8 hours ago, Boatswain2PA said:

Usually it's the UC

Leave me out of this. I get pissy people every day who come in for "BP problems." If they are asymptomatic they get sent home to call their PCP. If they have concerning symptoms they go to the ER. Period.

I had an 80 year old yesterday for high BP who had been to the ER the night before 180/92, no symptoms. Some chucklehead popped an IV in her and gave her IV labetolol, sent her home with no PO meds and instructions to follow up with her PCP (she doesn't have one) so 12 hours later she is in the UC with the same story.

Boneheads live and work everywhere.... 🙂

9 hours ago, GetMeOuttaThisMess said:

...yet they still called back to bitch about it...

Did they make said call on their government subsidized/mandated cell phone?  

1 hour ago, sas5814 said:

Leave me out of this. I get pissy people every day who come in for "BP problems." If they are asymptomatic they get sent home to call their PCP. If they have concerning symptoms they go to the ER. Period.

I had an 80 year old yesterday for high BP who had been to the ER the night before 180/92, no symptoms. Some chucklehead popped an IV in her and gave her IV labetolol, sent her home with no PO meds and instructions to follow up with her PCP (she doesn't have one) so 12 hours later she is in the UC with the same story.

Boneheads live and work everywhere.... 🙂

Sorry...should've said the NP at the UC!  🙂

Archived