Low cGPA, High sGPA?

Hey everyone,

Just wondering what you think about the standing of someone in my situation.  I’m hoping to apply in 2020 and at this point my cGPA is around 3.08.  However my sGPA is 4.0 and pre req’s are generally around a 3.8 with only 2-3 left to go.  My undergrad gpa (graduated 2007) was a 2.88 but with a degree in music I had no science/math except a “ principles of physics “ which i got an A in.  I have about 1,400 hrs EMT at this point with around 1000 of research and 100 of volunteering in a hospital where I have direct contact with individual patients conversing while assessing their mental status and engaging in activities to orient them to self, time, and place. 

Basically Im wondering how much my improvement since returning to school (8 years after my less than stellar undergrad) can make up for the past.  

Note: I have yet to take the GRE

Any advice greatly appreciated!

only have around 12 credits left so probably can’t bring it up very much.  Am also worried that I’ve been part time (usually 2 classes at a time) since i’m married and working to pay rent.  Not sure how much they weigh how heavy your class load is per semester?

The fact that you're married, working full time and still taking a couple classes (and acing them as well!) shows the admissions committee that you're able to prioritize and manage your time efficiently. I wouldn't worry too much about the fact that you're taking two classes at a time as opposed to four.

Archived