MINNESOTA - Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science

Could someone explain what a slices interview is? I've never heard of this type of interview before. I'm just wondering how to best prepare for this part. 

Edited by Per645

6 hours ago, Per645 said:

Could someone explain what a slices interview is? I've never heard of this type of interview before. I'm just wondering how to best prepare for this part. 

I emailed Michelle the same question and this was her response: The Slices portion falls in line with a model of interviewing called the multiple mini-interview (MMI). While the MMI model is typically more developed than in our practice here (that’s why we call it “Slices”), it has been found as an effective method of interviewing. The beauty behind it is that the response you give to each question is evaluated by the same person for all candidates. That person is trained in asking and evaluating each individual’s response for only that question. This then supports a more strongly objective measure. The Slices questions you’ll be asked are not meant to surprise you or catch you unaware. I believe you’ll find them as questions that make sense and allow you to share from your own background and ideas. For the Slices interview, I suppose the best preparation would be to exercise your stress management skills so that your responses will be a genuine and sincere reflection of who you are.

• Like 3

Hi all! For those who applied and were accepted, would you mind sharing some of your stats (GPA, PCE, shadowing, etc)? I am interested in applying next year and since its a brand new program they don't have any stats released yet and I would love to get an idea of what type of applicants they are accepting!!

Thanks and congrats to everyone!!!

On 1/28/2020 at 11:15 PM, mnprepastudent said:

Hi all! For those who applied and were accepted, would you mind sharing some of your stats (GPA, PCE, shadowing, etc)? I am interested in applying next year and since its a brand new program they don't have any stats released yet and I would love to get an idea of what type of applicants they are accepting!!

Thanks and congrats to everyone!!!

My understanding is that Dr. Huckabee is looking for really well-rounded candidates who have compassion for people, healthcare and the profession. Not to give anything away - but he is interviewed in a podcast (I think it is called the PA startup podcast) and it is really easy to see what matters to him most. He specifically mentions grit. I hope this is helpful. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mcconnmic said:

Yeah, I made one. I sent emails out to everyone from the accepted student list. DM your name/email and I'll send it again.

Sent you a DM! Thanks