Post interview tips

Hi everyone, I don't see any posts asking about this so I decided to ask here. After you finish your interview, what would you suggest to do? I know thank you letter/note is a must. But what if, people who interviewed you was not one of the staffs/faculties of the program? Would you still try to send them thank you note? Especially in the situation that you could not find their email contact anywhere. I was interviewed by a PA-C that was not a faculty. And all I know is that his current practice address. Should I try to send a snail mail as thank you note? 

Thanks you, anyone who replies to these questions :)

Notes are nice when you are interviewing a few people for one position. It is essentially meaningless when you’re interviewing a few hundred people for an incoming class. We interview, fill out some paperwork, and move on to the next.

A nice thank you at graduation, on the other hand, is very nice and deeply appreciated!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Administrator

I sent an email within 24 hours of my interview to Pacific, praising what I liked about their program, highlighting why I thought I would be a good fit, and letting them know that, if accepted, I would be attending.

I was accepted outright, after being waitlisted and rejected other places.  Did it make a difference?  I don't know; I basically treated it like a follow-up letter after a job interview that I would have wanted.

Two of the programs I interviewed at utilized the MMI format so I was interviewing with 8-10 people only for a few minutes at a time. I didn't send any follow up emails or notes and was accepted at one and waitlisted at the other.  Sending a thank you/follow up email certainly wouldn't hurt your chances but in the case of PA school I don't know how much they would help either. 

On 1/15/2019 at 3:28 PM, hazell034 said:

Hi everyone, I don't see any posts asking about this so I decided to ask here. After you finish your interview, what would you suggest to do? I know thank you letter/note is a must. But what if, people who interviewed you was not one of the staffs/faculties of the program? Would you still try to send them thank you note? Especially in the situation that you could not find their email contact anywhere. I was interviewed by a PA-C that was not a faculty. And all I know is that his current practice address. Should I try to send a snail mail as thank you note? 

Thanks you, anyone who replies to these questions 🙂

If not convenient it's okay to not write thank-you notes. It's nice to do but is not a must. I interviewed at two schools, skipped thank-you notes/cards and got accepted by both schools.

Archived