Dopa001

New PANCE 2019

Hey there

I took my boards last year and failed

Has anyone taken them 2019 with the new guidelines yet?

I can't compare as I have only taken one version

Edited by Parahox

I did not as I had no previous knowledge that they were added to the exam. 

Edited by Parahox
Removed PANCE question details

2 hours ago, Parahox said:

Seriously? WAY too much detail. This is in direct violation of NCCPA rules (which you agreed to when you took the exam) and your certification could be on the line. i would edit this post and delete all details if I were you.

I also took the 2019 PANCE. Still waiting for my score (grrr) but I did not buy any supplemental study material for the new ethics portion and I'm glad I didn't. The answers were either obvious or not anything you could really study/memorize. Just use common sense and you will do just fine. Some people in my class bought ethics study guides; I'd say save your money and focus on the clinical content. 

Edited by karebear12892
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, karebear12892 said:

I also took the 2019 PANCE. Still waiting for my score (grrr) but I did not buy any supplemental study material for the new ethics portion and I'm glad I didn't. The answers were either obvious or not anything you could really study/memorize. Just use common sense and you will do just fine. Some people in my class bought ethics study guides; I'd say save your money and focus on the clinical content. 

Did you find the exam hard? Any study tips or study materials you suggest? I am currently using HIPPO's question bank. This will be my 2nd time taking it and the 1st time taking it with the new blueprint/guidelines. Hoping they didn't change the style of the exam too much. 

22 hours ago, pa11359 said:

Did you find the exam hard? Any study tips or study materials you suggest? I am currently using HIPPO's question bank. This will be my 2nd time taking it and the 1st time taking it with the new blueprint/guidelines. Hoping they didn't change the style of the exam too much. 

It really wasn't that bad. There were a few questions that were out of left field but the majority of them were reasonable and fair. I used ROSH review and I'd say ROSH review was harder than the actual PANCE, but it prepared me well. I never took the old PANCE so can't speak to whether or not it was harder. 

1 hour ago, karebear12892 said:

It really wasn't that bad. There were a few questions that were out of left field but the majority of them were reasonable and fair. I used ROSH review and I'd say ROSH review was harder than the actual PANCE, but it prepared me well. I never took the old PANCE so can't speak to whether or not it was harder. 

Thank you for your feedback, that's good to hear! Hoping you passed!  

• Like 1