New PANCE 2019

I also took the 2019 PANCE. Still waiting for my score (grrr) but I did not buy any supplemental study material for the new ethics portion and I'm glad I didn't. The answers were either obvious or not anything you could really study/memorize. Just use common sense and you will do just fine. Some people in my class bought ethics study guides; I'd say save your money and focus on the clinical content. 

3 minutes ago, karebear12892 said:

I also took the 2019 PANCE. Still waiting for my score (grrr) but I did not buy any supplemental study material for the new ethics portion and I'm glad I didn't. The answers were either obvious or not anything you could really study/memorize. Just use common sense and you will do just fine. Some people in my class bought ethics study guides; I'd say save your money and focus on the clinical content. 

Did you find the exam hard? Any study tips or study materials you suggest? I am currently using HIPPO's question bank. This will be my 2nd time taking it and the 1st time taking it with the new blueprint/guidelines. Hoping they didn't change the style of the exam too much. 

22 hours ago, pa11359 said:

Did you find the exam hard? Any study tips or study materials you suggest? I am currently using HIPPO's question bank. This will be my 2nd time taking it and the 1st time taking it with the new blueprint/guidelines. Hoping they didn't change the style of the exam too much. 

It really wasn't that bad. There were a few questions that were out of left field but the majority of them were reasonable and fair. I used ROSH review and I'd say ROSH review was harder than the actual PANCE, but it prepared me well. I never took the old PANCE so can't speak to whether or not it was harder. 

1 hour ago, karebear12892 said:

It really wasn't that bad. There were a few questions that were out of left field but the majority of them were reasonable and fair. I used ROSH review and I'd say ROSH review was harder than the actual PANCE, but it prepared me well. I never took the old PANCE so can't speak to whether or not it was harder. 

Thank you for your feedback, that's good to hear! Hoping you passed!  

Archived