Urgent Care PAs please advise

Hey everyone

Urgent care PA here with 1 yr of experience, got offered a position at a new UC and wanted to know your thoughts. Full time position in NYC. 12-14hr shifts and about 100 pts a day split between a PA And a SP. 3-4 shifts a week 

Hourly rate-65/hr

96 hrs PTO first year

$1000/annually for CME and 3 days PTO for CME

Malpractice covered- occurance based policy

100% employer contribution towards monthly insurance premium for medical, vision and dental 

401k 3% match

I have another offer at a different urgent care offering $70 an hour. Benefits also similar to the above. However I would be working solo and personally do not feel fully comfortable with that. 

Also Personally liked the vibe of the lower paying UC as well and it is closer to my home

Would it be fair game to negotiate for $70 an hour instead of $65 or does it feel like a solid offer to you guys?

I know its like nickles and dimes but its just a thought before I sign the contract and things become permanent. Dont want any what iffs in my head. I thank you all in advance for reading this and for your input. 

I wouldn't take the first offer because 50 patients a day is way too much. If you have a 12 hour shift, that's more than 4 pts per hour. PTO, CME is not great either. Not worth it.

If you don't feel comfortable working by yourself, then don't take the second offer. I would say keep looking. Don't sell yourself short.

Archived