Jump to content

Looking for someone familiar with legal requirements for CA rotation when crossing state lines

Recommended Posts

I am currently a PA student in NY starting my clinical rotations. I am from California and was originally told during interviews I would be able to do rotations at home if I had a site. However, how my program is telling me that is not possible due to something called the SARA agreement (State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements). California is the only state not part of SARA. After much investigation and reaching out to other students, this does not appear to be the case. SARA was designed to help students/ programs cross state lines but certainly not bar them from doing so. I am ready to approach my program to discuss this issue but would like a better idea of what paperwork/ legal agreements are required for a student to rotate at a location in California if they are out of state. Any help would be appreciated. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 years later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More