Looking for someone familiar with legal requirements for CA rotation when crossing state lines

I am currently a PA student in NY starting my clinical rotations. I am from California and was originally told during interviews I would be able to do rotations at home if I had a site. However, how my program is telling me that is not possible due to something called the SARA agreement (State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements). California is the only state not part of SARA. After much investigation and reaching out to other students, this does not appear to be the case. SARA was designed to help students/ programs cross state lines but certainly not bar them from doing so. I am ready to approach my program to discuss this issue but would like a better idea of what paperwork/ legal agreements are required for a student to rotate at a location in California if they are out of state. Any help would be appreciated. 

• 3 years later...