Fall 2019 ACCEPTED Students

12 hours ago, eaita25 said:

Hey guys, JUST GOT MY ACCEPTANCE LATER!  Can't wait to meet all of you!

Anyone know what the deal is with housing/would anyone be interested in looking into housing options on or off campus?  Just shoot me a text 609-760-1813!

Yessss same ^^^ I’m down to check out on/off campus housing with y’all later down the road to see what’s more affordable. We’ll probably be able to start planning either sometime next month or later once the class is finalized and there’s an official Facebook page for all of us

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@jferrante I submitted the graduate enrollment form online as well as the seat deposit. Use your new student ID through the  UIS portal. And yes, send an email to Dr. Lee that is what i did, she responded back saying congrats and keep an eye on your emails for future communication from the program.

There is  a Deposits/edeposits tab and choose fall 2019, physician assistant seat deposit

Edited by Gbpmk399132

4 minutes ago, Gbpmk399132 said:

@jferrante I submitted the graduate enrollment form online as well as the seat deposit. Use your new student ID through the  UIS portal. And yes, send an email to Dr. Lee that is what i did, she responded back saying congrats and keep an eye on your emails for future communication from the program.

There is  a Deposits/edeposits tab and choose fall 2019, physician assistant seat deposit

Yes I just got the link after submitting the form! The login isn't working for me somehow though. Trying to troubleshoot now haha, thank you for your help!!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Gbpmk399132 said:

haha no way that is exactly what happened with me. I had to call the IT desk and they reset my account and then it allowed me to login. The online payment system also was not working it continued to give me an error message so I submitted the deposit payment over the phone.

omg okay so its not just me, I started to panic a little bit! I tried calling but its the weekend and Monday is a holiday so I'll just do it over the phone on Tuesday, but I'll definitely mention resetting the account! thank you times 1000!

Hello everyone I'm Christina and i just got my acceptance email. So stoked this is all happening! Our lives are going to change so much! I live in NJ and would love to rent something small and shared to crash at on weekdays that's close to the university. Also from what I've learned from various existing students, a fully immersive experience is the only way to go to succeed as we get to bounce the terms and concepts off each other. I suggest we create a Whatsapp group and try to get in as many of us there as possible so we can all stay connected on the go. My number is (917) 9412571. If you are interested, text me your full name and number and I will add you. Peace and love to everyone ❤️ Please add me on social media. Facebook Christina Shamrock Instagram @shamrockthetraveler

P.S. If anyone has any info on a didactic schedule/vacation breaks it would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Christinaarzu
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Christinaarzu said:

Hello everyone I'm Christina and i just got my acceptance email. So stoked this is all happening! Our lives are going to change so much! I live in NJ and would love to rent something small and shared to crash at on weekdays that's close to the university. Also from what I've learned from various existing students, a fully immersive experience is the only way to go to succeed as we get to bounce the terms and concepts off each other. I suggest we create a Whatsapp group and try to get in as many of us there as possible so we can all stay connected on the go. My number is (917) 9412571. If you are interested, text me your full name and number and I will add you. Peace and love to everyone ❤️ Please add me on social media. Facebook Christina Shamrock Instagram @shamrockthetraveler

P.S. If anyone has any info on a didactic schedule/vacation breaks it would be greatly appreciated.

Hooray congrats! I have the schedule for vacation breaks from 2019-2020

Breaks:

11/27/19-11/30/19

12/11/19

12/19/19-1/21/20

2/17/20

3/2/20-3/7/20

4/9/20-4/13/20

5/5/20-5/6/20

5/14/20-9/6/20

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Allie13 said:

That’s honestly more days off than I have in undergrad by a lot

Yea I’m kind of curious as to why there’s so much time off and why they chose a longer program length. The other schools I interviewed at were 24 month programs (which seems too short haha). I guess we won’t be burnt out though since we’ll have quite a few breaks lol

• Upvote 1

haha you guys are right most of the other programs are very condensed. But I showed my cousin who is in PA school in Georgia (his program does 18 credits per semester) and he said this one is good because we will actually be able to have a life while studying haha. Another person I spoke to in PA school said they would prefer the breaks over the super condensed 2 year schedule. But we shall see huh

I agree ^^ ! I always wondered how people crammed everything into two years because there's just SO much to learn. When I saw SJU's program was 3 years I was like "wow, I'm gonna get such a thorough education!" So I'm a big fan of it!

Also, my best guess as to why the breaks seem different is because SJU is a private university. I'm currently at a public university, so I don't get breaks for All Saints Day or Easter, etc, while private universities typically do. Hope that maybe helps!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good Afternoon guys. My name is Adrian and I was born and raised in Queens, NY. I live 15 minutes away from the main campus and 10 minutes from the Bartilucci Center (where the interview was held/2nd year of the program will be). Although I have been accepted to other program I've decided to attend St.Johns program due to the positive feedback I have received from recent grad of the BA/MS program,  clinical affiliations, convenience and interview itself. Looking forward to meeting everyone in the fall. Any questions about the area or commute feel free to ask (went to high school around the area and grew up here so I'm familiar with the area)

• Like 1