Verbal offer

Guest JohnT

Sounds very low to me but there is a great deal of variability by specialty and region. That's 93,600/year. The benefits sound pretty meager too. 4 weeks PTO, 5 days for CME, paid holidays, CME money, all fees for licenses, DEA etc can all increase the value of the offer as well. Also call....will there be any and if so how will you be paid for call time?

On the non-money side the work environment and how you will be treated by physician and staff matter a great deal. Hourly rate is the 1st consideration but it isn't everything by a stretch.

There are actually a lot of PAs making ~90k a year. Sadly, this hasnt changed at in at least the last 7 years. I was getting $45/hr offers when I graduated. 

What's really shameful is the PTO. 2 weeks?? The checker at Target probably gets more than that. If they were offering you 45/hr plus 4 weeks PTO, 1 week CME, 401k, good health, etc, it might be a better offer for a new grad.

On 1/14/2019 at 9:47 AM, BruceBanner said:

What's really shameful is the PTO. 2 weeks?? The checker at Target probably gets more than that. If they were offering you 45/hr plus 4 weeks PTO, 1 week CME, 401k, good health, etc, it might be a better offer for a new grad.

I get 1 week PTO for a full time Urgent Care job.  Pathetic.  

Well John, this depends on what state ypou practice in. normal first year wages in NY are a starting salary of 104,000.00 and that is in FP. Psyche is a specialty well entrenched by NPs who make a small fortune and the PA with appropriate training should make at least an equal amount considering the fact that both professions do the same thing in Psychiatry. You will never get a response that is all incusive of hourly pay or annual salary that crosses the country.

Archived