Sign in to follow this  
GetMeOuttaThisMess

Am I Setting a Good Example...

Went to go eat our weekly Tex-Mex with the wife tonight and then was promptly assaulted just outside the door by a Girl Scout cookie table.  I was forced to make a purchase of two boxes of Thin Mints by the Girl Scout on duty who threatened me within an inch of my life.  How am I supposed to face my 99.9% overweight patients on Monday after such an ordeal?

• Upvote 2

I tell the girl scouts all my money goes to support the Boy Scouts, tell the Boy Scouts all my money goes to buy girl scout cookies...

No, I'm kidding, I actually just say "Not today, thank you" and move on.

• Upvote 1

I vote this thread be locked, there are no double blind, placebo control, peer reviewed studies to support such claims

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Went to go eat our weekly Tex-Mex with the wife tonight and then was promptly assaulted just outside the door by a Girl Scout cookie table.  I was forced to make a purchase of two boxes of Thin Mints by the Girl Scout on duty who threatened me within an inch of my life.  How am I supposed to face my 99.9% overweight patients on Monday after such an ordeal?
You should be fine! Their "THIN MINTS" so they're Fat Free, Carb Free and low Calorie!

Eat up...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 3

it can actually make the PA-patient interaction more effective. Think about this... People respond better when they can relate to you on a more personal level.

Was she about 4'6", thin to average build, innocent looking face?  If so, that sounds like the same girl who held me up outside a Walmart Neighborhood Market last year.  She had a parental accomplice standing off to the side, acting all incognito but, I swear she was in on the scam.  For what it's worth, I stupidly hid the cookies in my digestive tract.  No evidence, no crime.

Edited by ral
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Best girl scout cookie story from my fire service past:

A semi-trailer of girl scout cookies caught fire.  My department responded mutual aid with a water tanker - no hydrants along the interstate.  Anyway, the contents of the trailer received enough water and smoke damage that the cookies couldn't be sold, so the trucking company gave them all to the firefighters.  The cases and individual boxes had to be pitched, but the plastic wrapping of the cookies themselves was intact and the cookies were fine.

It took a while, but my family went through 24 CASES of free cookies - as did the families of many other local firefighters.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, medic25 said:

I'm still not grasping why you didn't buy the Samoa; clearly the superior cookie...

Amen! Thin mints are good, Samoa are moah!

1 hour ago, GetMeOuttaThisMess said:

I have failed our profession.  My wife and I consumed a sleeve last night (mostly me).  😪

You have only failed if you go into the supply closet to devour these, you hit up different girl scouts to score more boxes, give different names to each, and list "Oreos" and "nutter butters" as allergies.

• Like 1

I just donate the $5.00 and tell them I am on a diet.  All they want is the money for their organization.

2 hours ago, TWR said:

I just donate the $5.00 and tell them I am on a diet.  All they want is the money for their organization.

Oh, the REALLY good ones they now want I believe it was $7.50 for.  Sneaky little creatures.