Am I Setting a Good Example...

Went to go eat our weekly Tex-Mex with the wife tonight and then was promptly assaulted just outside the door by a Girl Scout cookie table.  I was forced to make a purchase of two boxes of Thin Mints by the Girl Scout on duty who threatened me within an inch of my life.  How am I supposed to face my 99.9% overweight patients on Monday after such an ordeal?

Went to go eat our weekly Tex-Mex with the wife tonight and then was promptly assaulted just outside the door by a Girl Scout cookie table.  I was forced to make a purchase of two boxes of Thin Mints by the Girl Scout on duty who threatened me within an inch of my life.  How am I supposed to face my 99.9% overweight patients on Monday after such an ordeal?
You should be fine! Their "THIN MINTS" so they're Fat Free, Carb Free and low Calorie!

Eat up...[emoji6][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Was she about 4'6", thin to average build, innocent looking face?  If so, that sounds like the same girl who held me up outside a Walmart Neighborhood Market last year.  She had a parental accomplice standing off to the side, acting all incognito but, I swear she was in on the scam.  For what it's worth, I stupidly hid the cookies in my digestive tract.  No evidence, no crime.

Best girl scout cookie story from my fire service past:

A semi-trailer of girl scout cookies caught fire.  My department responded mutual aid with a water tanker - no hydrants along the interstate.  Anyway, the contents of the trailer received enough water and smoke damage that the cookies couldn't be sold, so the trucking company gave them all to the firefighters.  The cases and individual boxes had to be pitched, but the plastic wrapping of the cookies themselves was intact and the cookies were fine.

It took a while, but my family went through 24 CASES of free cookies - as did the families of many other local firefighters.

1 hour ago, GetMeOuttaThisMess said:

I have failed our profession.  My wife and I consumed a sleeve last night (mostly me).  😪

You have only failed if you go into the supply closet to devour these, you hit up different girl scouts to score more boxes, give different names to each, and list "Oreos" and "nutter butters" as allergies.

SHE DID IT AGAIN!  I'm minding my own business for the Friday night marg/Mexican food, after a failed attempt at a root canal for $500+ this afternoon (so now I get to spend another $5500+ for an implant for #30 after just getting #31 done), and lo' and behold she is outside the restaurant and holds me up again and refuses to let me leave the restaurant unless I buy ANOTHER box of thin mints.  At least it was only $4 (I swear I gave the little hoodlum $5 per box last week).  At least the endodontist was of legal age and cute.

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 7:09 PM, GetMeOuttaThisMess said:

Get caught running to work?

35 minutes ago, GetMeOuttaThisMess said:

Bite your tongue! Running? Me? Only if someone is running beside me offering me chips and salsa. I’m already becoming diaphoretic worrying about what awaits me in two days. Maybe I should just give her my credit card.

Buy a pile of insulin, make a business agreement with her and sell it at the same table?

• 3 weeks later...

I told the last little nymph outside my local Lowes peddling their green box crack that the last Girl Scout cookie I ate gave me projectile vomiting and watery diarrhea for a month.  She paused, screamed "Ewwwwwweh!!!!" and ran off crying.  

A search party has yet to locate her....

You're welcome.

Archived