Sample email asking to shadow?

Hi everyone!

I'm new here; I'm going to be applying to PA programs this upcoming cycle. I'm currently in the process of finding PA's to shadow and am starting out with sending an email to OAPA to see if any shadowing opportunities are available. If anyone would be willing to read through this draft and let me know if there's any corrections I should make before sending, I would be so grateful!!

Hello,

My name is Elaina xxx and I am a recent graduate of the Biology program at xxx University. I currently work full time as a nursing assistant at a skilled nursing facility near xxx. I am planning to apply to physician assistant programs this upcoming cycle, and I'm very interested in any possible shadowing opportunities to see what being a PA is like firsthand. 

I read online about the OAPA Mentoring and Shadowing program and I would be very grateful for any opportunity to observe a PA and further my understanding of the profession. 

Thank you in advance for considering this experience. 

Sincerely,

Elaina xxx

Thank you so much in advance!

Archived