One outstanding prereq?

I am taking microbiology during the summer and it is my final prereq, but the summer class is said to end on August 17. I heard because of rolling admissions, August is generally late to submit an application. Is this true? and if so, should I really just focus on applying to schools that allow outstanding prereqs? Are there many schools that do?

• 5 weeks later...

If your course finishes on 8/17 that means grades likely won't post for up to a week after that and then your transcript would likely take about a week to send to CASPA. If you wait until this course is completed, you would probably be looking at a submission and verification date in early to mid September depending on submission volumes at that time. For rolling schools that is definitely on the late side and it's passed the deadlines for some programs.

I would recommend finding a way to take this course in the spring. That, or applying with the prerequisite in progress and updating CASPA when you finish. Many schools allow one outstanding prerequisite. 

Archived