Clinic expanding "Lines of Service" soon- Entering the realm of Pain Management

In accordance with my clinic business plan, we will be adding Pain Management to our service lines in September. So to that end, I've been casually looking around for LIVE trainings on Pain managment for our clinic providers.

I've looked at Empire Medical Training and MSKUS and Gulf Coast and few other places that offer Live Pain Management training/CME.

Any suggestions...??? Anyone here attend any good hands on Pain CME courses...??

I'm looking at sending 3 providers for training in Ultrasound Guided Injections for:

1. Large & Small Joint Injections- Shoulder, Hip, Knee, and Sacroiliac Joint Injections.
  2. Minor Injections- Trigger point injections,
  3. Specialty Injections

a. AC Joint

b. Tennis Elbow

c. Pitchers elbow

d. De Quervain's

e. Trigger finger injections

f. Carpal tunnel syndrome treatment options

g. Trachanteric bursa

h. Pepatellar bursa

i. Medial and lateral approaches to knee joint

j. Pes bursa injections

k. Plantar fasciitis

l. Intercostal Injections

Then buying a small portable Ultrasound machine for use in these injections.

Any suggestions..???

I'll use counseling and opioid agonists...

Cool thing is that the same buprenorhine we use, on average 16mg/day for opioid dependence... can be used, quite effectively, on average 0.3-0.5mg/tid for pain. We will use other opioids also.

Thing is... we aren't afraid of dependence, since we KNOW that dependence is a normal, physiological response to taking opioids/opiates long term. Dependence is ok... addiction is not. We recognize the differences between the two and have the tools and training and experience to manage them both.

• 1 month later...

What are "Trachanteric bursitis" and "Pepatellar bursa" ? ;) I recently signed on with an OA group, they nabbed me because I had two Pain Mgmt Preceptorships in school and have basically subsequently been handed all the Pain Mgmt patients in the two clinics I've worked in since graduation. They had the US machine rep come out and show us how to use the equipment and do the screen grabs, but those educational modules you linked to look amazing. I would love to get my company to send me to one. I know I'm supposedly flying out next week to attend an education module, but only after I threw a fit that the Doc and PT and Admin went, without including me (with me to be here as the sole provider). Once again, I don't think this is the right fit for me. I just showed the admin dude the links, specifically the NCV/EMG workshop, and he patted me on the arm and briskly said, 'oh no, EMGs are for neurologists' ... I CAN'T WORK WITH UNEDUCATED INCOMPETENT PEEPS. PLEASE GOD FIND ME INTELLIGENT EDUCATED PEOPLE WHO DO NOT PRESCRIBE ZPAKS FOR CLUSTER HEADACHE WITH ACCOMPANYING BELLS PALSY. PLEASE FIND ME PEOPLE WHO DON'T SKIP X-RAYS AND PUT ANYONE WITH A POSITIVE TB SKIN TEST ON ISONIAZID BECAUSE "THATS HOW THE GOVERNMENT SAYS TO DO IT". Sorry Contrarian, for the derail ... ahem.

I doubt it;)I'm no longer with that clinic anyways. Start in 2 weeks in Family Practice, 60/hr, full bennies, CME, and an amazing SP who not only knows I have my own DEA number lol, she also wants me to have my own practice. Score!Like she said, sometimes you have to kiss a few frogs along the way.There's the right fit out there for everyone.

Archived