Looking to get into PA school for Fall 2020

Hi I took some extra courses to gain another bachelors degree to make sure my  GPA is competitive. I had an old B.S degree and it was under a 3.0. This one will be roughly a 3.8.  I am also finishing up with preqs. I have been working as respiratory therapist for over 2 years so have my hours. I still need to get my 20 hours of observation. I also have community involved volunteer hours. Also became a yoga instructor this past summer.  

Am I needing to apply to the caspa application coming up in April?  (For Fall 2020 admission?).

Thank you! 

Guest HopeToBePAC

Yes, you would have to apply this upcoming CASPA cycle (opening in April) in order to start PA School in 2020. Keep in mind some PA schools start in May, while most start in August. A handful also start in January -- depends on the school.

Also, all the courses you have ever taken will be used to calculate your CASPA cumulative and science GPA. So your old degree that you finished with a 3.0 with, the classes from that degree will still impact your GPA (in addition to the courses you took for your new degree). Just a heads up. 

12 minutes ago, HopeToBePAC said:

Yes, you would have to apply this upcoming CASPA cycle (opening in April) in order to start PA School in 2020. Keep in mind some PA schools start in May, while most start in August. A handful also start in January -- depends on the school.

Also, all the courses you have ever taken will be used to calculate your CASPA cumulative and science GPA. So your old degree that you finished with a 3.0 with, the classes from that degree will still impact your GPA (in addition to the courses you took for your new degree). Just a heads up. 

Thank you I knew if I wanted a chance I would have to get another bachelors. I have well over 4000 pt contact plus another 10 years as an EMT. I'm hoping that will help!

Archived