Masters or Graduate Certificate

I'm working bringing my GPA up to a 3.0 from a 2.96. Afterwards, I'm thinking about doing a master's program. I recently ran across a Graduate Certificate in Medical Physiology offered by UF. I just wanted to know if anyone has finished it and what the program was like. If anyone has any suggestions to a short master's programs that would be great too. I'm looking for something that would benefit in the long run, not just any degree. Thanks

An accelerated BSN is a good option. You can get it done in 1-1.5 years, you will earn a second bachelor's, have an RN career with a good income, and gain patient care experience. If the graduate certificate in medical physiology is beneficial, less than a year, and you feel like you would actually use it, then go for it

• Administrator

The one year graduate certificate programs like you describe sound like a traditional "post bacc" program, geared towards students looking to apply to med school. I'm sure it would serve well in applying for PA school, but the RN/BSN direct entry program is a good option, too.  You can't really do much more for PCE or employment with a 1-year postgraduate certificate than you can with a BS.

Archived