Pre-PA Navy commission

Older student here. 

Current Junior in Physiology track, 4.0 GPA. 5+ years working as civilian in clinical psych research for DOD - 2.5 years working with AD 0311s & 3 working with vets in a VA psych Dept. 

2 questions:

- is it too early in my college track to be contacting recruiters for info? Interested in Navy PA primarily, open to AF/Army. 

- my spouse is active duty, E-8 (EOD) with 5 years remaining. Will being a military spouse/married to enlisted make it unlikely for me to be a competitive candidate? 

Thanks in advance for any info. 

I think at this point you probably will get general info from the recruiters. The ball really doesn't start rolling until you have an acceptance to PA school. And yes, who you are married to doesn't matter. By the time you get accepted and graduate as a PA, your spouse probably will be on their last year or who knows already been retired. That would be an interesting role switch for you guys. 

Archived