Bay Area PA busted...

He joins an ever growing list of physicians and PAs that do this.  Why didn't red flags go up 3 years ago??   #1 opiod prescriber in the state and not a physician??  How slow the wheels of justice turn!  Wonder how many "patients" died due to his prescribing??

The substances that prosecutors said Lague distributed were oxycodone, oxymorphone, methadone, amphetamines, clonazepam, fentanyl, hydromorphone, morphine, hydrocodone, alprazolam and carisoprodol.

The U.S. Attorney's Office said evidence presented at Lague's trial showed that he was the number one prescriber of opioids in the state in 2015 and 2016, according to Medicare records.

Prosecutors said Lague prescribed more than 1.6 million controlled substance pills, of which more than 1.4 million were in the most dangerous and abused category, according to U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency guidelines.

let me see

48 work weeks a year

5 days a week

means he was writing for 6,666 pills per day EVERY day he worked

Clearly he was a drug dealer, and should be punished as such for the lives he destroyed.....  this is not a pain clinic, this a drug dealer.....

good riddens

notice no discussion of his SP being held responsible in any way....that is actually a good thing....

I was going to point that out. I keep telling PAs and Docs that we stand on our own when it really hits the fan. All the doc has to say/prove is he was not around and this was outside of the 5% required chart review and he's off the hook...

If the Doc was really "Supervising" though why isn't he on the hook?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, Joelseff said:

I was going to point that out. I keep telling PAs and Docs that we stand on our own when it really hits the fan. All the doc has to say/prove is he was not around and this was outside of the 5% required chart review and he's off the hook...

If the Doc was really "Supervising" though why isn't he on the hook?

Maybe the Doc has dodged the prosecution bullet, but where is the State of California's Department of health on this issue?

Maybe the Doc has dodged the prosecution bullet, but where is the State of California's Department of health on this issue?

Actually, I was thinking about this even more. In California, Docs are required to co sign any charts within 7 days where a PA prescribes a schedule II drug. Perhaps the PA didn't submit the gazillion charts to the Doc... [emoji848]

What was his field? who profited from the prescriptions? did others have access to his prescribing? a lot left out of this article. I fully understand prosecuting him for writing to a known divergent if that was indeed the case.

What was his field? who profited from the prescriptions? did others have access to his prescribing? a lot left out of this article. I fully understand prosecuting him for writing to a known divergent if that was indeed the case.

I thought the article stated he was in pain mgmt?

Edit: nope you're right article didn't mention it.

It did mention though that he knowingly prescribed to pts who told him they were selling the meds.

Archived